Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Quote Originally Posted by Du1337 View Post
    But... Is it possible to transfer items between 2 chars on different ships?

After some time they prolly make an option in the game where everyone can play together like they do on WoW with dungeons or w/e...
    I didn't test it but I assume that is what the extra 30 storage is for, The ability to transfer items between servers, as it is set apart, a small amount, and it doesn't make sense in any other context since you can transfer items between characters on the same server through normal bank activities.

Ah, I remember the dance apocalypse at the end of CBT. Gotta love this community.

I still don't know how it'll work for SEGA. I mean, pretty much only at the beginning of PSU was it crowded enough WITH the ability to move from one ship to another. from half-life until end? Hell, all it was a good thing we could move freely to go wherever there were people LEFT.

I get a feeling they'll try to cash in on the potential of repeating the level of ''low population in ships'' issues all PSO games ever had now that they get you to stick to one ship... I say it'll just accelerate its downfall if they're hoping to make a buck out of it. Let people move like the old days, for the gods' sake, it's not like it ever was a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Player Game; there's no ''one huge world'' people interact with, it's all just instance-based dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by BWS-1 View Post
    I still don't know how it'll work for SEGA. I mean, pretty much only at the beginning of PSU was it crowded enough WITH the ability to move from one ship to another. from half-life until end? Hell, all it was a good thing we could move freely to go wherever there were people LEFT.

I get a feeling they'll try to cash in on the potential of repeating the level of ''low population in ships'' issues all PSO games ever had now that they get you to stick to one ship... I say it'll just accelerate its downfall if they're hoping to make a buck out of it. Let people move like the old days, for the gods' sake, it's not like it ever was a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Player Game; there's no ''one huge world'' people interact with, it's all just instance-based dammit.
    Perhaps on the English servers yes. Whether the game is instanced or not is irrelevant as the games are not hosted client side. They are still hosted on the servers. While instancing will reduce the load on the player it will not reduce the overall load on the server.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

How many ships are there in total?
    Most mmos usually have like two-three servers. Six ships seems like too much to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Most mmos usually have like two-three servers. Six ships seems like too much to me..
    I think there's...what, 10? 15 maybe? I forget exactly. Probably too many, though. Haha.

we had 5 during the CB then 2 more added during the last 2 days but there are 10 visible servers... and most mmos I see have much more than 2-3 servers... hell doesn't WOW have like at least 20, probably lots more just don't wanna overshoot it

here's the current server numbers, and the current status+^_^+ pic taken 6:25 pm CST+^_^+
    as you can see, they are all offline today+^_^+ probably because it's the weekend, they were green all week though!!!
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    ...and why, oh why, would we want to play with the GameFAQs or Reddit communities?

I'm glad they'll be separated from us.
    More people the better. What do you have against Reddit people? Or people on /v/ or Gamefaqs?

I'm sure a lot of people on here post on other forums than PSO-World. Don't be a penis.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

In the regard of separatist vs universals... there is no avoiding 'multi-player' areas....

*badum tissss*

That was my joke for the day.... ^_^

But just to add, not saying one has to do so but, as time passes in regard to MMO's, the game makers have/had tailored games to be 'rewarding' with 'partners' - whatever that 'reward' may be whether it be in or out of combat will show its perk; but, of course they never taken away the ability to walk the earth yourself as the nomad.

With PS's online games they have made that balance with their game so nobody would be left out but, of course with the positive messages of Japan, they are always about friendship and teamwork and yada yada - again nobody has to heed to it but its just something they encourage...