Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    ....... i soloed........... and even tho one of my friends in rl is goingg to b playing pso 2 i still plan on soloing......... that bad?
    with or without NPCs, bots and MAGs?+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    with or without NPCs, bots and MAGs?+^_^+
    Well i have to take my mag... sparky is my only true friend.... i never use npc. I spit at immatations of human life -spits- lol no but really i only soloed with my mag no npcs
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    The bolded phrase is nonsensical. "Elite" and "casual" are directly contradictory. Also, why would someone exclusively solo? That's stupid. I agree with not really running with randoms/people you don't know, but PSO2 is a game best enjoyed talking and having a good time with friends.
    As a person who enjoys discussion just like yourself let me remark you're mistaking "Elite" with "Elitist".

Elite: Someone who has developed their knowledge skills and outstands the average. Always give great performance when it comes in comparison. Anyone can be elite as long as they play way better than the average players.

Elitist: Someone who dedicates his whole life to turn average players into elites, and try to shine his elitism as it fullest as a prime example to follow for them.

As for soloer it means a player that is totally up for playing alone, and can withstand the threats, hassles and consequences of doing such thing. Even knowing that playing alone is not the optimal way.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

The point of being casual is that you don't take games seriously enough to be elite.

You can be a casual with the skills of an elite...

You can be a casual with no friends with the skills of an elite so you always solo...

But a casual calling themself an elite, and vice versa...

NO! you gotta pick one!

Or at least say you have an "elite" on and off switch.

Also. Fuck elitists!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Have to agree with Fleet Commander Eastwood.

If an "Elite" is someone who wants to be the very best (like no one ever was!), and considers themselves "better than the average player", then that is the exact opposite of a "casual", who just wants to enjoy the game at face value and not bust their nuts over the 'best' gear and 'best' strategies, and considers themselves "just another player."

I'm still seeing the direct contradiction.

EDIT: For the record, I consider myself this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    You can be a casual with the skills of an elite...
    because I have the skill and intelligence to be extremely good at these kinds of games, but I simply choose to put fun and friends first. I don't need to have maxed out gear to be 'good.' I know I'm good with what I have.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; May 26, 2012 at 02:17 AM.

You can have friends but don't match in timezone or are busier than you, and won't adjust your everytime to play with them, neither you're looking to play with strangers. That's what a soloer is. You can adquire the elite status by simply knowing the path you must take and not giving up. You are a casual if you don't take this game as your primary need in life.

Also how come you accuse me of self proclaiming myself just labelled into that group just because I said I myself included in the Ship-1? : p No one is identical to each other!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia - Elite (Disambiguation)
    The elite are a group or class deemed to be in some way superior than the average.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reia View Post
    You are a casual if you don't take this game as your primary need in life.
    But then EVERYONE is a casual gamer. D:

I warn you! taking actual definitions in place of what people are actually trying to convey doesn't settle arguments! That's how Zyru kept getting 20 pages of e-arguments. Not that I'd call this an argument, but yeah... I still see a contradiction between an "elite" and a "casual" in quotes now because we all have different definitions for them it seems. D:

Also I played on ship 1 and only a little bit on 2/6 because all my friends hate PSOWorlders. I'd still call my self a skilled/experienced casual. Well... experienced at least, I'm still a klutz in game and in real life even when I get "serious." BUT I GET THE JOB DONE!

Oh in iono about Olaf but I never insulted you... YOU'D KNOW IT!, YOU'D FEEL DAT BURN!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Oh in iono about Olaf but I never insulted you...
    Nor did I. I never insulted her or accused her of 'self-proclaiming.' Not sure where that came from.

I'm only implying this based on that fact that Spanish would be your primary language, English being the second, Elite/Casual are like White/Black you cannot be both it's one or the other. You take the game serious, or you play it at face value like Olaf said earlier. For the record "soloer" has absolutely nothing to do with being a Elite or Casual, you either like soloing, solo a lot, or hate it
    Last edited by Konflyk; May 26, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
    PSO2 Karai

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
    That is the dumbest idea ever for a game like this, which has never had an incredibly large community they begin with.
    Indeed. They greatly reduced the number of ships on PSU when they realised the community was way too small for so many ships (although characters were not ship-locked, but whatever).

My guess is that the same will happen, after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Reia View Post
    As a person who enjoys discussion just like yourself let me remark you're mistaking "Elite" with "Elitist".

Elite: Someone who has developed their knowledge skills and outstands the average. Always give great performance when it comes in comparison. Anyone can be elite as long as they play way better than the average players.

Elitist: Someone who dedicates his whole life to turn average players into elites, and try to shine his elitism as it fullest as a prime example to follow for them.
    Yeah, and you're neither.

As for soloer it means a player that is totally up for playing alone, and can withstand the threats, hassles and consequences of doing such thing. Even knowing that playing alone is not the optimal way.
    PSO2 is A LOT easier when soloing, and will slow down any hunt undertaken because of the low amount of enemies and random events.