Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

The new Gears will have a totally different feel to it, so prepare for that and don't expect it to be anything like the previous three titles. I'm definitely interested in the story and characters though.

I always find myself very uninterested in E3 ever since gaming became mainstream.

My E3 hopes were dashed this past weekend when Konami's presser didn't reveal what last year's Contra teaser was all about.

It's probably canned if they haven't mentioned it in a year, though. At least I still have Hard Corps: Uprising, even though I already know that game in and out and all over. :\

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    LOL, COD. Typical MS war shooter demonstration #100. Can't wait till Sony shows the new Quantic Dream game and Last of Us. Those two will easily mop the floor with whats been shown at the MS conference.
    And make exponentially less money.

I'm interested in The Last of Us, mostly for Naughty Dog's ability to create likable characters. However, I truly can't find any fucks to give about Quantic Dream's new project. I used to love them too. Omikron is weird and semi-broken in places, but still one of my favorite RPGs. Everything they've done since then has gotten worse and worse.

The Lara Croft and RE6 gameplay previews also looked pretty good.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Never watch any of the E3 press conferences, because 90% of the stuff they blabber about doesn't interest me in the slightest. After reading these last few posts, I still see nothing I care about besides Gears of War: Judgment. I'll just have to go skim through a recap tomorrow to see what exactly was said.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    It would be awesome, but Nintendo botched the placement of the sticks.
    Only the right stick. That's mind-boggling. The left stick is where it should be, because that is the default position of a human thumb when holding a controller.

My thoughts so far, with the understanding that I can't watch most of the trailers until I get home from work:

- Halo 4 looks like Halo, but with terrible enemy design and some Metroid Prime-style visor options. I'm up for that.

- Splinter Cell is just like Conviction, but in a war zone, right? I guess that could be neat.

- Did they show Forza? I thought that was a big deal at the show this year, but I didn't see it mentioned in the live blog I was following. Scratch that, they did discuss it and made fun of the dubstep.

- Smart Glass could be neat, mostly because I think it'll be used for cool little gimmicks here and there and hopefully won't be used to gimp regular gameplay like the Kinect has done in some cases.

- Resident Evil 6 looks RE4 on speed but set in a modern-day version of RE2's Raccoon City. I'm sure people are already angry about it, but it looks fun and I've enjoyed the action-based Resident Evil games so far. Also, despite how blah the helicopter crash QTE sequence looks in terms of gameplay, I'm actually really impressed with it from a technical point of view. The helicopter is crashing through a variety of settings with lots of very flashy effects in real-time. I think at the very least it was nice to look at.

- So... the five seconds of gameplay footage from the Gears of War game just looked like more Gears of War. Is it a prequel? Is there anything special about it? Is it being developed by People Can Fly? So many questions that I'm only partially interested in having answered.
    Last edited by Outrider; Jun 4, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Judging by what's been posted, it sounds like it's a bunch of shooting games. Great. :/

Though I do like the Resident Evil franchise, this selection just seems kind of... underwhelming. Not very diverse at all. It's either a 3rd Person Shooter, 1st Person Shooter, Sneaky Undercover Shooter... etc.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I never play racing games outside of Super mario cart (Which I haven't played since the DS's prime.) But Forza looks pretty interesting... Or at least...

They have... "Open road" tracks to drive on, instead of the racetracks... I guess?

If it has some kind of open world thing where you can just cruise for hours, I could probably fucks with that. (Just cruise around for hours and listen to music because I can't afford a real car.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Although I can't stand Nintendo of America, deep down I still consider myself a Nintendo fan. I honestly want them to success and show a good conference tomorrow but that probably won't happen. Most of it will revolve around WiiU and 3DS. Please be decent.

EA's conference will be showing soon. I expect Dead Space 3 to be shown. Typical EA sports games. Maybe a possible Mirror's Edge 2.

EDIT: official Resident Evil 6 trailer revealed.

Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Jun 4, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Forza Horizon should be good, welcome addition to the franchise. Nice to see a shift in direction by Turn 10 but hopefully not at the expense of the sim-racer fans who supported the past games.

Please though, ditch the crappy Dubstep soundtrack.

As for the rest of the MS presser....eh. Nothing particularly innovative and chock-full of FPS games again. I need more COD/Halo like I need a hole in the head

Also, that crappy Kinect game with the catapults- Angry Birds from a different camera angle?

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)