Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default A warning regarding a certain private PSOBB server.

Not going to name said private server (lets just say it's the most popular one). However, people have been telling me that said server makes you have to use something called "antihack.dll". Supposedly, if you type it, or if you are a site that has the words "trainer, hack, and one other I forgot", antihack.dll will crash both PSOBB and your browser. Simply to put, it's a virus.

I would highly advise that you avoid said private server for now on. They just can't be trusted, what with their bad administration, their so called "donations", and antihack.dll.

Sorry if this is sort of off topic/discussion of private servers, or even old news (I didn't knwo about this until recently, but it's been around for a few months) but as anyone who still plays PSOBB likely plays on there, I feel as if you should know.
    Last edited by D-Inferno; Jun 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    [...] or if you are a site that has the words "trainer, hack, and one other I forgot"[...]
    If you are a site with or without the words "trainer, hack, and one other I forgot," please chime in and let us know how you became sentient.

AMA Request: Skynet

I believe the warning should be said on that specific private server forum.

Other servers have developed logs to keep track on what ppl are doing and in many cases they are able to stop non alowed modifications, it also gives the GMs more flexibility to test things.
    That server decided to use something that affects all users, with a gigantic % of false positives and a poor performance.
    With that, the complain should be made there, not here.
    Last edited by DC_PLAYER; Jun 2, 2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: english mistake

One problem: Any complaint on said forum leads to your post getting deleted there.

This topic is just to inform PSO-World users to be careful if they want to play PSOBB for some reason.

Old news, no one here cares, take your stupid drama back to where it belongs, etc.

^ lol wut

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    Old news, no one here cares, take your stupid drama back to where it belongs, etc.
    Someone mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    One problem: Any complaint on said forum leads to your post getting deleted there.
    Posts deleted. Users banned. Despite the fact that they try to keep it obscure, it's safe to say that a good portion of the community on that server knows about antihack.dll, and how it's a prettied up virus. Whether they're oblivious to this fact, deny it, or simply don't care, is irrelevant. If they know it exists, but refuse to remove themselves, they deserve a virus on their computer.

The point being conveyed here is intended as a warning to the remaining PSO community; that the biggest private server is no longer the best. Admirable, but it falls on deaf ears. You're preaching your society's treachery to a society that has no business meddling in it. Your word will be heard, but not acted upon.

tl;dr: Leave them to their virus-riddled game and their corrupt staff. It's not your problem.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

The other topic got locked, so i wonder why this one is still open.

It's a shame. I wanted to play BB over the summer and maybe finally hit level 200, but as soon as I heard about this patch I was suspicious. Now I don't think I'm going to be playing there again.

If anyone knows any other servers with normal exp rates, where my characters/items would be able to be transferred to, a pm would be appreciated. My friend and I would like to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?