Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Photon Art question.

Have any photon arts been changed drastically since PSP2? I've heard Dus Skadd and Blade Destruction got downgraded, but what about the other arts?
    "Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes."

Ahh, so there isn't as clear of a "best" PA or weapon type anymore? What sort of weapons got an improvement? I've heard R-Mags and Crossbows in particular weren't so hot in PSP2.
    "Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes."

Crossbows are ok, their CSII is flashy and not that useful.

The most notable change in weapons is the sword, they're now as fast as a saber when attacking albeit without the added benefit of being able to equip a secondary weapon. Rods are also changed somewhat as they allow you to block if you have nothing set to the R button.

Everything else remains the same.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Thank you, both of you! I'm getting back into this finally, and I'm glad to know things are a bit more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Valinne View Post
    Crossbows in particular weren't so hot in PSP2.
    Crossbows were terrible in PSP2 because they had a passive drain on the stat that controlled their damage output. That was removed in Infinity.
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 6, 2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Whoops

this wont be a problem if you only play offline but some skills were indirectly nerfed as a result of other classes getting stronger. for example its rare that i ever get to do a full blade destruction,dus skaad or bogga robado because a FO or RA would break the chain before the vanilla standard of 15. or when the chain does get that high the FO or RA will kill before you finish your PA. ive seen FO's hit 10k diga's and it it would take me the entire 1st part of skaad to do 9k and in that same time the FO cast 2.5 diga's

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Sword is way better in PSP2I !!!!!!!!!!!! (Addicted)
    "

"Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Weapon Guide and Drop location at www.gm-leonsky.blogspot.com "
    Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to add drop location or weapon screen shots. Just follow the format in the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon-Sky View Post
    Sword is way better in PSP2I !!!!!!!!!!!! (Addicted)

glad i'm not the only one. My hunter uses mainly swords as his weapon.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

The biggest difference is that swords are actually usable again(they haven't been since PSZ or PSO). FOs got a HUGE boost as well from what I've heard; their tech casting speed is much higher now, and their techs do much more damage much more easily.

Yeah, I just tried using a Force, they jumped from literally unusable in PSP2 to nearly broken now. I couldn't believe what some of those spells were doing. I might have to rethink how I feel about them...