Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

This is very bitter-sweet for me. Here's my personal reasons.

Bitter:

I have spent the better part of 5 years on this game alone, and have watched it and myself grow, and I have been a part of a lot of great groups and have met some of the most amazing people I have ever know through it. (Also some of the worst, but eh). The saddest part for me personally, is knowing my photoshoot still exists, and yeah. http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...e-s-Photoshoot I've called this game my home for a long time, and I've been proud to do so. (Until the last year or so). I won't lie, one of my favorite pastimes on this game was ranting to my group of friends in general about PSU, but always playing like an addict. Lol. xD The reason this is bitter is just seeing all this go.

Sweet:

Seeing this dying horse being put to rest. No more people being divided by "the way this game should be handled" and no more of the disgusting nature of the beast rearing it's ugly head. The game really has turned into a craphole as of the last year or two. It's the reason I stopped playing "seriously" on it. Most of the people on used to be decent, now it's just the demo all over again, except just a dating service. At the same time, the feeling of loss is diminished knowing PSO2 is on it's way and that a lot of people will be moving to it, so the adventure never truly ends!

On that note. Here's my illustration of my feelings about it.

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I believe in his writeup, you'll get that money refunded back into your account.
    oh, they do that? then i'll consider playing the last 2 or 3 days :3
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

Read closely:

Players who still have a GUARDIANS license active following the close date will have their subscription refunded by Microsoft on a pro-rated basis.
    So it looks like you'll only get money back if your license runs through the closure date for that final month's subscription. Signing up now will have you pay normally.
    Last edited by Powder Keg; Jun 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

PSO Assassin

alright, thanks!

i'll be in tokyo (without my xbox) until sept. 3rd so i'll only be able to play for the last 3 days or so anyway~

see you all before the server shuts down =D
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
    Read closely:

So it looks like you'll only get money back if your license runs through the closure date. Signing up now will have you pay normally.
    What exactly does it mean? I've been paying for 5 years straight. I'm going to get all that money back suddenly? :O

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    What exactly does it mean? I've been paying for 5 years straight. I'm going to get all that money back suddenly? :O
    Only for the last month, if subbed and your renewal date is after the 7th.

It's about time they pull the plug on it.

I'm glad I left that dying ship for JP 3 months ago

Now I just hope we dont get a huge influx of douches from the 360 on the JP servers. Then JP players are really going to hate us when all of the scammers, spammers, rude, etc etc players join =P

That said can't say I didnt see this coming. PSU failed as a whole but atleast JP got content. PSU was handled horribly in the states.

For this reason alone I hope PSO2 stays jp only.

Anyone who trust SoA after playing psu is just plain ****ing stupid and deserves to get bendover by them =P

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    I'm glad I left that dying ship for JP 3 months ago

Now I just hope we dont get a huge influx of douches from the 360 on the JP servers. Then JP players are really going to hate us when all of the scammers, spammers, rude, etc etc players join =P

That said can't say I didnt see this coming. PSU failed as a whole but atleast JP got content. PSU was handled horribly in the states.

For this reason alone I hope PSO2 stays jp only.

Anyone who trust SoA after playing psu is just plain ****ing stupid and deserves to get bendover by them =P
    While I would feel bad for the server if some of said morons migrate, it's really Sega of Japan's fault in the first place for not handling the game properly. It's a direct result from their decisions.

To be fair that's true. However you have to take microsoft into considiration. I still find it funny how people dont really know how much microsoft "ruined" this game too.

I'm sure SoJ wanted some DLC for the 360 but micro would never allow it unless they were getting like what 50%? Of the profits?

There's waaaay too many reasons as to why this game failed sooo hard here.

JP's attitude of "ah whatever they dont really care anyways.." SoA horrible incompetence and lack of support (non existing support I should say) and microsoft always wanting a big piece of the pie. All of these things are the perfect ingredients for failure =P