Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LOL Sony 3rd party my ass. They would never give up the first party studios they have and make games for those other undeserving consoles. It only happened to Zipper because they failed to make enough profit for Sony. There's also plenty of third party support.

It's more like MS and Nintendo dying first before Sony right now for consoles, but Nitendo 3DS still dominates handhelds though while Vita is struggling.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Jun 9, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    LOL Sony 3rd party my ass. They would never give up the first party studios they have and make games for those other undeserving consoles. It only happened to Zipper because they failed to make enough profit for Sony. There's also plenty of third party support.

It's more like MS and Nintendo dying first before Sony right now for consoles, but Nitendo 3DS still dominates handhelds though while Vita is struggling.
    The whole point is that it wouldn't be a choice on Sony's part. No one wants to go 3rd party, however Sony is by far the most likely of the big three to go that route. Your allegiance to Sony aside, it's losing money by the day and failing as a company on all fronts. Meanwhile, MS and Nintendo have a rising stock price and considerable liquid assets to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    The whole point is that it wouldn't be a choice on Sony's part. No one wants to go 3rd party, however Sony is by far the most likely of the big three to go that route. Your allegiance to Sony aside, it's losing money by the day and failing as a company on all fronts. Meanwhile, MS and Nintendo have a rising stock price and considerable liquid assets to fall back on.
    Microsoft is the least likely to go 3rd party, if only because they have so many other revenue streams. That, and so little in the way of iconic franchises they own. (Besides Halo, do they actually own anything in that vein?) If they backed out of console, they'd probably end up backing out of games entirely.
    Coming Soon!

Y'know, I would've called you guys crazy for suggesting that Sony is somewhat likely to go 3rd party, but their big push into the mobile gaming space (and the rumor that they'll be using Gaikai to stream old PS2 games to Sony TVs) has had me wondering.

As for Nintendo, I think it's pretty clear that they'll be stubbornly sticking around for the time being, even if they stumble into another Gamecube-esque error of minor success with the WiiU.

Even some of Sony's previously exclusive titles have already branched out, such as Crash and Final Fantasy. The day you see Halo on PS3 or Wii-U is the day you realize Microsoft is officially done for.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    Even some of Sony's previously exclusive titles have already branched out, such as Crash and Final Fantasy. The day you see Halo on PS3 or Wii-U is the day you realize Microsoft is officially done for.
    Well, FF used to be Nintendo exclusive.
    Coming Soon!

Keep forgetting those, since I'm so used to PS1/PSP remakes ._.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    LOL Sony 3rd party my ass.
    I'm talking liklihood - out of all of them, you'd have to be blind to not think that Sony is at the biggest disadvantage at this point in time. That, or deluded.

It's entirely possible that they'll just not sell their IPs as well - complete withdrawal from the gaming space, rather than cashing out their IPs to make money.

Of course, if they get to a point where they drop the PlayStation and TV divisions, it would make more sense to go third-party with those IPs. I mean think about it: If you're a multi-faceted company, and two of your historically-largest divisions are outright tanking, you only have a few options: Cut your losses and shut them down, try to whore out the IPs you do have to try and get revenue back, or struggle desperately to get back on your feet with them, putting the rest of the company in even more jeopardy.

Between Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, Sony is the only one in any real financial trouble. Nintendo is sitting on coffers so deep that they could go through a couple generations like the GameCube and still be well-off (and of course, they're once again dominating the dedicated portable gaming market). Microsoft is a massive multinational corporation that has revenue streams out every angle and is in no financial hardship at all - and is currently dominating the console gaming market. Sony is spewing money from all of the losses they're taking in their gaming division and one of their largest other divisions.

Competition is something this industry thrives on, but sometimes, a company just can't stay afloat through it all. Looking at the reality of it all, one could say that Microsoft and Nintendo can almost smell the blood in the water.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Nintendo never failed me, why start thinking this? WiiU is the only system taking a different route rather than just a graphics upgrade. Seriously, besides exclusive might as well get a PC.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

is it just me or is it that the normal present day game console have a longer life span then the hand held consoles do?

I mean the hand held consoles seem to either upgrade quicker, or get replaced dramatically faster..
    “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.”
    http://twitter.com/#!/layfette0911