Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I think Nintendo has their footing so secured, that even if their console failed miserably for a few years, they would pull something out of their magical hat as they always do, and bounce right back from it.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    Nintendo is dead to me, and has been for some years now. I still play the stuff from "back in the day" but I'm not giving them anymore of my money. They have truly earned the title "masters of shovelware."
    So wait... Nintendo is making shovelware? Or their systems have lots of shovelware? Because to suggest the first is downright silly, but to suggest the second is pretty accurate.

I don't see them bowing out of the hardware market anytime soon though. I just think they're way too proud to do such a thing.
    Too proud? I think it's more that they're too "wildly successful" to do such a thing.

Guys, seriously - this is getting ridiculous. Nintendo was significantly more successful than Sony or Microsoft this generation. Why would they exit the hardware business? If this was a race, they not only won but they won so badly that after crossing the finish line they had time to go home, eat a sandwich, and still get back in time to take bets on who would get second place.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    they not only won but they won so badly that after crossing the finish line they had time to go home, eat a sandwich, and still get back in time to take bets on who would get second place.
    I like this. This is a really good way to put it.
    Coming Soon!

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    If this was a race, they not only won but they won so badly that after crossing the finish line they had time to go home, eat a sandwich, and still get back in time to take bets on who would get second place.
    Pretty much this. Despite all the Nintendo fan butthurt, they leveled the competition. They did it with cheap hardware and a handful of franchises that show no sign of slowing down as well.

I don't doubt Nintendo's success like other people, I just state that I dislike most, if not all, of their franchises and games, and they no longer appeal to me. I definitely don't discredit their earnings, though.

I'm so happy the final page of this topic had some reasonable people on it, the first couple pages were a nightmare of clueless users who base Nintendo's last generation solely on opinion rather than understanding Nintendo's main focus for last generation was not their market.

For what Nintendo set out to do from day one they accomplished, they delivered a brand new experience to the world that the industry swore would fail but didn't and is widely mimicked today, they turned the living room into a family room, and captured a market that the rest of the gaming world swept under the rug, while still delivering fantastic Nintendo First and Second party titles even though the Third Party nearly abandoned them.

I'm happy to see that the Wii U will continue that into Next Gen, with the new Nintendo Network becoming a social hub for gamers with community style message boards inside every game you play, on the fly screen shot and video recording ready to be shared at any moment with your friends list, live updated from users on your friend list right as you boot up the console, it's like Nintendo had a baby with Facebook.

P.s: Nice to meetcha everybody. =)

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digs View Post
    I'm so happy the final page of this topic had some reasonable people on it, the first couple pages were a nightmare of clueless users who base Nintendo's last generation solely on opinion rather than understanding Nintendo's main focus for last generation was not their market.

For what Nintendo set out to do from day one they accomplished, they delivered a brand new experience to the world that the industry swore would fail but didn't and is widely mimicked today, they turned the living room into a family room, and captured a market that the rest of the gaming world swept under the rug, while still delivering fantastic Nintendo First and Second party titles even though the Third Party nearly abandoned them.

I'm happy to see that the Wii U will continue that into Next Gen, with the new Nintendo Network becoming a social hub for gamers with community style message boards inside every game you play, on the fly screen shot and video recording ready to be shared at any moment with your friends list, live updated from users on your friend list right as you boot up the console, it's like Nintendo had a baby with Facebook.

P.s: Nice to meetcha everybody. =)
    Hay you shuddup! I like nintendo! I'm allowed to be disappointed!

In fact I needa get off my ass and buy that 3DS already, only my laziness is stopping me.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Hay you shuddup! I like nintendo! I'm allowed to be disappointed!

In fact I needa get off my ass and buy that 3DS already, only my laziness is me.
    Awman, there's a lot more I should've said about where I stand with Nintendo but I didn't want my first post in about 7 years here on PSOW to be a wall of text.
    I'm with you in the disappointment but I still see where Nintendo was coming from, as much as I wanted Nintendo to be the hardcore type they were in the 90's I couldn't ignore their strategy for the latest generation. Same goes for their press conference that was mentioned to be only reintroduction and partial launch w window announcements, easy to tone down the hype when they're up front with you. ;p

I'm in the same boat as you are for the 3DS, Vita too. Hopefully with Nintendo's latest announcement about FTP being supported maybe PSO 2 will port over to the Wii U.