Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    @Negativenine
    But it's an MMO! You have so many people around you I could never imagine someone barring themselves from everyone or never reaching out. I know mmos could be enjoyed like any single player game, but to me it just feels like you're taking missing out on so much.
    I always feel bad asking people for help in case I'm bothering them, so guilds and friends on MMOs end up being a hindrance, as I also feel bad saying no when they ask for help. Shooting myself in the foot really.

It can be nice logging on and knowing I can do what I logged on to do without being dragged along to random stuff as well, y'know social pressure and all that.

honestly i stoped playing psujp because of this. i never found anyone at my level to play with and i didnt want to ask people to join, ended up playing alone wich led to boredom, wich led to me stopping to play. the huge amount of lobbies also made it dificult to find people or find wich area was more crowded.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

It sounds like someone that plays the game out of small interest.

In fact I'd call myself a floater in almost every game I play that doesn't hold my interest enough. I usually just quit after a few days because the community is annoying and the game itself is boring to my tastes.

I say just leave em be, if you actually end up playing with one, then they end up with a reason to play more often and start getting more into the game. I guess they'd just become a """"casual"""" player though. Iono

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Some people could be just too shy.

It took weeks before I finally spoke to someone or partied with someone on PSU.
    I was wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by KunoMochi View Post
    Must have played .hack games too much before moving on to the MMORPG... >.>
    It all makes sense now..

Only time I am a floater is when I first start a game, or in the case of the closed beta because I didn't know who spoke English and who didn't.

I used to be a floater on BB because I was a shy little kid.

the multi party areas should help Floaters come out of their shells.
    Last edited by Dat0; Jun 9, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Well... you can have NPCs in your party! And there's still a story mode, so I guess you could treat PSO2 as a single player RPG...
    At least I did so at the beginning of the Closed Beta
    "Yo Kid! 'Sup? Whazzat? You want summa DIS whiskey?
    You just outta da crib, kid! Go suck Yo momma's milk!"

hmm...... I've always been an MMO nomad, through all the MMOs I've played, particularly F2P ones (PSU was the only one i ever payed for) I've always been a loner and a nomad, this will be the first time i joined a forum and am joining a community for an MMO, you wouldn't remember me otherwise, i always floated alone, humming to myself, preferring to join random parties then make friends+^_^+ sometimes I'd be chatty and talk in a hotspot/lobby for hours on end with someone I'll never meet again, other times i could cram 5-10 hours without typing or saying anything to anyone+^_^+ but now PSO2 is here, and I'm finally ready to settle down, maybe i'll even join a Guild/Clan/Team!!!+^_^+ I really look forward to playing with all of you!!!!

I'm a floater in most MMOs I play because I just like to do my own thing. I like to try to do new things on my own the first time, and if I cant win Ill just find a team of some random people to help me out.

I will usually make one or two good friends in the first few months and just hang with them for the rest of the time. The few times I'v tried to join a guild/clan I end up on the sidelines and don't interact with the members much.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Generally in most MMO's I tend to not join any guilds or groups until I've hit the max level. Seeing as PSO in general is more socially oriented and endgame isn't as much the focus as the entire game I find it actually enjoyable to join groups while I'm leveling.

A glare more piercing than any spear.