Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Look, I just because we're walking down the sidewalk in the same direction doesn't mean we need to hold hands and be jolly about. Tons of strangers in our world and in video games. And most of them are creeps. I do what I want, when I want, I'm not trying to make friends, but if the opportunity happens, it happens. Moving into a strange new environment (PSO2) I plan to bring friends, I don't plan to make them. Always a possibility but never the goal. Now stay away creepers.
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Insults

Different styles of gaming for different gamers. I don't need to be in a guild to get enjoyment out of a game. I can have fun in groups, soloing, or with a good friend or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Anyway, I'm only shy when it comes to initiating contact. If someone else comes up to me on a game and talks to me first, I'm usually okay. I feel like I'm being annoying, bothersome, or intrusive if I speak to someone else first.

But, besides that, I play with my friends from the forums here. I don't plan on joining a formal "guild/group" on PSO2, since I'll be playing with the PSOW peeps either way.
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM.

hm...it seems like most of the people are either fine solo-ing or just have their own circle of friends and are not interested (or not worried) with branching out.

I have my own cirle of friends as well that I play MMOs with, but is the idea of making new friends that detering to people? What's so scary about it? I made some great friends in MMOs (some of which I've known for years).

Maybe I'm just being the naive idealist here, but if everyone was, like ctraltdelu said, holding each others hands once in a while, would it be so bad?
    Last edited by Coatl; Jun 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

on me it be more bad history of guilds like GL guild leaders in say conqueronline doing KOS cause you didnt agree with them at all even whenthey were at fault of the whole drama stuff and saying have to accept hi story cause hes yoru guildleader or demand respect stuff like that. had that happen like 3 times so im very defensive. i usualy play mediator in such drama things as had to do that once in a non pk guild in that game basicly went guild leader on them between both attacker defender and stuff.

I honestly try not to b a "floater" but its generally hard for me to find a group or even just one other person who likes to hang out with me or grind with me. I know we all have our own agendas but like pso id like thos days where i had everyone on my friends list pming me whats up or asking what my plans are in the game are. Needless to say floaters ganna float
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

I tend to keep to myself a lot of times in MMO-type games. Honestly, most of the internet just rubs me the wrong way with their general negativity, meme spewing, and in some cases just general stupidity and lack of common sense. I've tried the guild thing before and I either end up with a bunch of half-wits who don't understand basic courtesy or decency or the guild is simply never active and I end up soloing and getting bored of the game anyway.

I also tend to keep odd hours. I'm essentially the boss at my workplace, which puts a ton of responsibility on my shoulders, which also translates into working a lot. Even if I do end up with a static group of friends to play with, odds are they'll out level me within a day or two and I'm not going to bother people who've already put in time with my boring nooblet low-level questing.

My previous experiences with games that aren't PSO are really why I don't bother with too many MMOs that hit. My most recent attempt was Tera, and though I love the combat and exploring the world's overall prettiness, I've just never found a portion of the community that isn't a bunch of jerkasses, and it's a game that really penalizes higher levels for grouping with lower levels, so friends and guildmates out-leveled me in a hurry. Not really a game you can solo effectively and not feel like you're wasting your time, so I don't see much point in playing anymore.

Those are my reasons for either avoiding MMOs or playing them solo.

I´m way too casual for MMO since i treat it as any other genre.
    Usually, my friend is what gets me to try certain MMOs in the first place.

Then he and me lose interest in it in about a week.
    Strange minds think alike, lol.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

runescape was my first MMO. Whenever i play my friends list is always dead (cause im inactive alot of the time) so im a floater. doing everything alone, everytime i play.

WoW, i was always running around doing "nothing" just havin fun with it. again Alone.

PSU, well i've had more groups there but in the end, alone.

PSOBB these days isnt much fun for me, never know whats gonna happen.

I think my primary problem and cause of being a floater is... I got no friends to begin with. let alone any who share the same interest in games i've played.

I used to be like this when I started playing MMO's. Which is why I never played one MMO for too long, because I had nothing to do. I would do solo quests and that'd be it, it was like a low quality single player game. But then I played PSU, found a group of people who were hilarious and I joined them for a mission. It wasn't till then that I realized how fun MMO's could be if you found the right people, granted you won't always find people you get along with fully but when you do it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Triela View Post
    I tend to keep to myself a lot of times in MMO-type games. Honestly, most of the internet just rubs me the wrong way with their general negativity, meme spewing, and in some cases just general stupidity and lack of common sense.
    I feel the same way, but the PSO community I've met is a lot better then most MMO's I've played.