Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosses

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Everyboss in any game becomes easy once you figure them out. It's just that you need to figure em out that makes them annoying. Ofcourse there are still bosses who are a bitch even if you figure them out but at least you stand a chance then.

Reminds me way back with Lufia 2 Rise of Sinistrals fighting the Tarantulla boss...man I cursed at that boss so many times with its frigging posion and paralyse, it kept kicking my ass like 30 times till I figured out to get the Fire Dagger from the previous dungeon...it became a blast then.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    what the fug
    LOL! Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    If you are referring to high-level players come back to slaughter the old boss very easily. Then of course, it gonna happen again. This is RPG.
    Says, the boss is made for level 10 players to fight. If you are level 100. How couldn't it become easy?

Rockbear was hard at level 4, but it was joke on level 14. so... yes, you can't avoid that in RPG game where you can improve status accordingly to level and gear. Unless you are going for game such as Monster Hunter whereas level is not exist. They only have hunter rank which not increase status at all.

There are two way to go around about this :

A. Make level/ status become absolutely useless, so that boss can always be challenge. But I doubt they would do it. It is not how RPG game work.

B. Make boss in different level version. just like what it is going to happen in this game too. If your level is too high for normal mode, then you go play it on hard mode instead. and there could be very hard mode and ultimate mode again.

However, in the end, Method B wouldn't completely fix the weak boss issue, because high level players could always come back to play easy mode to farm any low rank items they missed. And this method also can't fill the issue of level gap too. If Dragon is lv 10 on normal mode and level 40 on hard mode. then people level between 20-30 will have to spam the easy lv-10 dragon.

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not talking about high levels players going back to lower ranked missions and slaughtering bosses, no shit it would work that way.

Take for example PSU. By the time S rank missions were available, most bosses were easy to kill quickly. When S2 missions came out, they were STILL easy to kill RIGHT AWAY. Even though the bosses levels were increased, the difficulty did not change. People still killed them easily. That's what I'm wondering about. If SEGA will be able to scale the difficulty well enough at higher levels that bosses will remain somewhat of a challenge, instead of just a bigger enemy with more HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

I just feel like i want the bosses to have like more than 2 things they would do to attack like in PSO the dragon only really did was go up into the air do a spin thing or go under ground and go in circles which was easy enough to dodge once u got the hang of it. Like many people love games becuz of the great bossed. I wanna see what Sega will bring in the boss department

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    what the fug
    It's not so much "need" as it is I'm not going to waste my time on something that isn't effective...

Rockbears = Hi! I'm gonna hit you now. Ow. Why'd you hit me? Let's try again. Holy shit why did you fall on me?! One more time. I like you to but please put me dowww I don't want to fly. <dead>

Caterdran = I hit it! where'd it go? Oh over there. I hit it! where'd it go? Oh over there. I hit it! Ok that's enough of that I'm just going to stay right here. <dead>

Vol Dragon = run run run run run. I hit it! Yay 2 hits in a row. Wooo we're going now! Hey are you feeling this? Oh you're leaving now? ok. Run run run run run run. Oh look, a wall of fire. <dead>

Almost every, more difficult enemy, is pretty much design to be anti-melee to the point that you end up doing very little damage over all or simply get killed quickly if you try to melee them

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    It's not so much "need" as it is I'm not going to waste my time on something that isn't effective...
    We could test that. You use nothing but a gunslash on a Caterdra'n, and I'll use nothing but a partisan, and we'll see who kills it faster.

Rockbears = Hi! I'm gonna hit you now. Ow. Why'd you hit me? Let's try again. Holy shit why did you fall on me?! One more time. I like you to but please put me dowww I don't want to fly. <dead>

Caterdran = I hit it! where'd it go? Oh over there. I hit it! where'd it go? Oh over there. I hit it! Ok that's enough of that I'm just going to stay right here. <dead>

Vol Dragon = run run run run run. I hit it! Yay 2 hits in a row. Wooo we're going now! Hey are you feeling this? Oh you're leaving now? ok. Run run run run run run. Oh look, a wall of fire. <dead>
    If these are actual examples of what happens when you fight bosses, then I think you're, uh, doing something very wrong.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jun 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kous View Post
    I just feel like i want the bosses to have like more than 2 things they would do to attack like in PSO the dragon only really did was go up into the air do a spin thing or go under ground and go in circles which was easy enough to dodge once u got the hang of it. Like many people love games becuz of the great bossed. I wanna see what Sega will bring in the boss department
    That's not true PSO's dragon had a number of attacks.

It's been a while but it had:
    Fire breath
    tri-fireball
    meteor fireball thing
    bite
    hit you when it walked by
    Tail swing
    dive underground
    circle underground

Almost every boss in PSO had 2 modes where the first mode favored melee fighting and the second mode favored ranged fighting.

All the PSO2 bosses are "run run run" until it decides to stop and then you get maybe a hit or two before it moves again save for De Ragne which is pretty much impossible to get into melee range and if you do it simply moving hurts you and it almost never stops moving so, yeah.

Almost every, more difficult enemy, is pretty much design to be anti-melee to the point that you end up doing very little damage over all or simply get killed quickly if you try to melee them
    Learn to cancel with dodges?

A glare more piercing than any spear.

That's not true PSO's dragon had a number of attacks.

It's been a while but it had:
    Fire breath
    tri-fireball
    meteor fireball thing
    bite
    hit you when it walked by
    Tail swing
    dive underground
    circle underground
    just to clarify.
    I don't remember the PSO Dragon ever biting or Tail swinging(De Ragen does tail swings in PSU though). I also remember circling under ground was something Sil Dragon did, not the basic dragon. unless your referring to Sil Dragon too.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Lovrina View Post
    just to clarify.
    I don't remember the PSO Dragon ever biting or Tail swinging(De Ragen does tail swings in PSU though). I also remember circling under ground was something Sil Dragon did, not the basic dragon. unless your referring to Sil Dragon too.
    You sure? it's been years since i played the game so I am likely wrong.