Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosses

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    You sure? it's been years since i played the game so I am likely wrong.
    I'm pretty sure. I played PSO most of last year.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

The boss fights are taking a cue from Monster Hunter. If you've ever played a game in that series, you'll know what to expect from PSO2.

Especially in regards to them popping out of nowhere. Happens in MH all the time.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    lmost every, more difficult enemy, is pretty much design to be anti-melee to the point that you end up doing very little damage over all or simply get killed quickly if you try to melee them
    I think ranger had the easiest time, since it could either kite with the rifle, or snipe with the launcher. But I was still whaling on bosses as a hunter. Once you know what attacks to look out for, it's not that hard to dodge and counter.

Actually, that's why I enjoyed bosses so much in this game. It felt like an actual fight, as opposed to PSU's PA spam and mate chug fests. It was incredibly rewarding to run up there, weave through attacks, and get a massive strike in.
    And oh my god, even healing was a blast. See someone take a ton of damage, run yourself over there, charge a heal, and move on to the next guy, throwing fireballs with PP allowing. So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I think ranger had the easiest time, since it could either kite with the rifle, or snipe with the launcher. But I was still whaling on bosses as a hunter. Once you know what attacks to look out for, it's not that hard to dodge and counter.

Actually, that's why I enjoyed bosses so much in this game. It felt like an actual fight, as opposed to PSU's PA spam and mate chug fests. It was incredibly rewarding to run up there, weave through attacks, and get a massive strike in.
    And oh my god, even healing was a blast. See someone take a ton of damage, run yourself over there, charge a heal, and move on to the next guy, throwing fireballs with PP allowing. So much fun.
    I found healing a pain compared to pso on a boss. Mates are way to slow compared to pso and even psu. But like any game i just gotta get used to it
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    I found healing a pain compared to pso on a boss. Mates are way to slow compared to pso and even psu. But like any game i just gotta get used to it
    That's the point. Since mates take more time to ingest, it turns it into a tactical thing. It makes it so you can't just spam Trimates and be invincible. You actually have to wait for the appropriate time to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    That's the point. Since mates take more time to ingest, it turns it into a tactical thing. It makes it so you can't just spam Trimates and be invincible. You actually have to wait for the appropriate time to use them.
    But its sooooooo much work.... yea you have a point there tho and i love to think things through before i do it its like chess to me at that point.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking I luv

I love the fact that in pso2 the bosses can move about the level. They are not stuck in a specific spot.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    I meant being a healer. Getting people to sit still was a pain, but nothing a macro can't cure. And as was mentioned, slow healing adds to tension, difficulty, and balancing. Difficult healing means easier dodging.
    So, painful healing means more fun bosses!

Any monster in the game is extremely easy and just a joke to defeat. Their damage is ridiculously low their attacks can be dodged easily(oh hi Forces). Well what else to say? Even a brainless can beat anything in this game if he is familiar with the game controls. Its still fun to play and im not trying to rant here at any point, just stating the facts based on my experiences. Besides im not playing PSO for a challange either, there are harder games than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I meant being a healer. Getting people to sit still was a pain, but nothing a macro can't cure. And as was mentioned, slow healing adds to tension, difficulty, and balancing. Difficult healing means easier dodging.
    So, painful healing means more fun bosses!
    tis true tis true