Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vacation in Japan+^_^+

what would be the ONE thing you'd like to see/do/experience there?+^_^+

for me, it'd be to sing Beethoven's 9th with 10,000 other people+^_^+

Visit during cherry blossom season.

Figure out the mysteries of their intense vending machines! Some of them even have wi-fi, which makes me really curious.

But, in all reality I would probably want to go to Hokkaido during Spring for the pretty nature things, or perhaps late summer-early Fall for hiking and more pretty nature things.

When I visited Japan we started at the northern tip of the country and made our way down the all of Japan. We visited a variety of temples and got to experience a lot of the general culture in Japan. We even got to stay in a traditional Japanese hotel including an onsen and various other traditional Japanese amenities.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

Too many of my friends already visit Japan. and I'm seeing the same photos taken all the time including cherry blossoms, anime / car events, Okinawa blue scenery , etc, . so now the only thing they haven't done which i'm going to try is run the Tokyo Marathon!

but that's going to be hard. because it's a lottery. 100,000+ people register for the marathon. and only 30,000 people get accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Taitu View Post
    When I visited Japan we started at the northern tip of the country and made our way down the all of Japan. We visited a variety of temples and got to experience a lot of the general culture in Japan. We even got to stay in a traditional Japanese hotel including an onsen and various other traditional Japanese amenities.
    That's pretty much exactly what I want to do; me and a couple of friends plan on spending a month seeing the country in a few years. I want to immerse myself in as much culture as possible, I can't wait.

Funny this thread popped up. I just found out last night that my friend is moving to Japan after he gets out of college to take part in sort sort of agricultural exchange student program. He's basically going to be learning about organic farming firsthand through volunteer work, while getting free lodging and other necessities.

I'm happy for him and all that, but...he was my last friend that still lived around here. Once he moves, I'm going to be completely alone . Still, it's an awesome opportunity and I wish him the best.

As for me wanting to go to Japan if I had the chance, I may. I may not. I'm not really interested in other cultures. I would probably just go there to buy up a bunch of Phantasy Star memorabilia that doesn't get sold anywhere else, haw haw.

I'd like to see how anime conventions are over there.

Besides that, buy a bunch of video games ._.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I'm not really interested in other cultures. I would probably just go there to buy up a bunch of Phantasy Star memorabilia that doesn't get sold anywhere else, haw haw.
    Same here, I get enough weeaboo shoved in my face to say screw culture (I know it's not the same thing but Japan overload, arrrgh). The only thing I'd really be interested in would be the toy and collectible shops.

+^_^+ i think one of the things I'd enjoy is walking down the busiest street i can find at the busiest hour and marveling that i can see over 97% of all the heads+^_^+ oh and catch a live giant wasp+^_^+ i like wasps, i think their pretty, the ones here are never more then an inch long+^_^+