Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I'm hoping Sega took a note from their previous stress tests and configured the servers much better this time around. Even towards the end of the closed beta, lag issues became nearly non-existent for most (I'm on the opposite side of the world from Japan, and I played through nearly all hours of the day).

If not, then the pre-open beta should take care of this.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    A 'great fascination', huh? How so? Just because we picked Ship 2, Block 20? I hardly consider that a fascination; more like coincidence.
    Coincidence? Thats the word I was looking for thanks a bunch and I asked only cause on psu 360 and JP PSU that was the meeting server also I leaving ship 20 the moment I hear the natives start their "Gaijin Slaying canpaign cause they're bored" Im ship hopping

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Coincidence? Thats the word I was looking for thanks a bunch and I asked only cause on psu 360 and JP PSU that was the meeting server also I leaving ship 20 the moment I hear the natives start their "Gaijin Slaying canpaign cause they're bored" Im ship hopping
    Let's not take this topic down that road shall we?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Agreed, Spellbinder. Im hoping the servers ARE global so those who just wants to play can play and those angry dudgruntled players who crave more and more content can relish in the buffet of new content than they know what to do with it.

Photon Martial Artist DjDragoon's Avatar

It's not an issue with us playing with a lot of Japanese people or not. I am just worried about the maximum amount of characters being able to be created on a single ship. If this is not an issue then it shouldn't matter if we stay on ship 2 or not.
    Photon Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    I noticed this community has a great fascination with the number 2... Am I missing in on a joke or something?
    Back in the early days of PSU PC/PS2 everyone mainly used Uni1. Then out of the blue Uni1 went down. After that Uni2 was the default by everyone till the death of the server.
    I have no idea if Xbox version had similar stats though.

I picked Uni5, before reading PSOworld were picking Uni2 for CBT. Uni5 had hardly any English speaking player, so it was quite a lonely time
    Once i have completed the desert mission in POB with my CBT character, i'm deleting my CBT character and starting a new character on Uni2 in the open BETA \o/

I think it'll be interesting to play with Japanese people, but I'm not sure how it will work out using symbol chat to communicate. :<

It was nothing fancy, but FFXI Online's auto-translate feature was thought out pretty well and let you communicate with people of other languages clearly and effectively.

I was kind of hoping that PSO2 might have something like that this time around.

I hate the rain...only because of the CURSED SNAILS THAT I ALWAYS SEEM TO STEP ON.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfThornz View Post
    Back in the early days of PSU PC/PS2 everyone mainly used Uni1. Then out of the blue Uni1 went down. After that Uni2 was the default by everyone till the death of the server.
    I have no idea if Xbox version had similar stats though.

I picked Uni5, before reading PSOworld were picking Uni2 for CBT. Uni5 had hardly any English speaking player, so it was quite a lonely time
    Once i have completed the desert mission in POB with my CBT character, i'm deleting my CBT character and starting a new character on Uni2 in the open BETA \o/
    Our CBT characters were wiped. We all have to make new characters.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    Our CBT characters were wiped. We all have to make new characters.
    looks like our CBT characters are actually still useable for the POB according to this blog
    http://bumped.org/psublog/

"If you saved your character data in the Closed Beta, PSO2 Pre-Open beta client can also load that character."

i'm guessing stats are also saved?
    I only want the stats of my CBT character to rush the new desert mission, but if its deault lvl1 stats i'll just start a new character on Uni 2

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfThornz View Post
    looks like our CBT characters are actually still useable for the POB according to this blog
    http://bumped.org/psublog/

"If you saved your character data in the Closed Beta, PSO2 Pre-Open beta client can also load that character."

i'm guessing stats are also saved?
    I only want the stats of my CBT character to rush the new desert mission, but if its deault lvl1 stats i'll just start a new character on Uni 2
    Actually, what it says is that if you saved your character during the character creation in the closed beta or in the character creator demo, you can load your character appearance for the pre-open beta and open beta.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom