Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfThornz View Post
    looks like our CBT characters are actually still useable for the POB according to this blog
    http://bumped.org/psublog/

"If you saved your character data in the Closed Beta, PSO2 Pre-Open beta client can also load that character."

i'm guessing stats are also saved?
    I only want the stats of my CBT character to rush the new desert mission, but if its deault lvl1 stats i'll just start a new character on Uni 2
    no, i believe that has to do with saving your characters template in the creator for the CBT, I don't believe stats will carry over, you can also save a template in the CC demo as well+^_^+ I'm just hoping that they'll induce the ability to save a character template in the aesthetic shop+^_^+
    EDIT: i got ninjad+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jun 11, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

I thought i read that too quickly, hehe. Thanks for the info and hello Uni2

Quote Originally Posted by KunoMochi View Post
    I think it'll be interesting to play with Japanese people, but I'm not sure how it will work out using symbol chat to communicate. :<

It was nothing fancy, but FFXI Online's auto-translate feature was thought out pretty well and let you communicate with people of other languages clearly and effectively.

I was kind of hoping that PSO2 might have something like that this time around.
    Ff11 was globally released. Pso2 is currently Japan released so they have no reason for translating.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Ummm is that spose to scare me or something cause its not working =/ And I would leave long before the conversation even reaches that point (Publicly atleast)
    Ermm... You must be new to the internet. Welcome, and have some coffee with cream or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KunoMochi View Post
    I think it'll be interesting to play with Japanese people, but I'm not sure how it will work out using symbol chat to communicate. :<

It was nothing fancy, but FFXI Online's auto-translate feature was thought out pretty well and let you communicate with people of other languages clearly and effectively.

I found that in cbt, you could usually tell a player's language by their character name. Most english speaking players use the english alphabet for their name, where as most Japanese players will have their names in Japanese text. As a result, you'd often find english names pairing with english names, and vice versa for Japanese.
    Last edited by moremouse; Jun 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

anyone know how to type in katakana in pso2? i happen to know how to read it and i might use "Stormie" in japanese. Sutorumi

i don't have a clue, i just used Google translate on a second monitor and copy/paste in CBT+^_^+ although i wouldn't doubt there *might* be some patch to allow English keyboards to types Katakana, my Xbox tries when i set my language, it looks funky as hell too+^_^+
    at the very least you can use http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm and type the sounds to make the kana, or just click on them, then when message is complete, hit copy, click on PSO2 and ctrl+v+^_^+
    Sutorumi on this keyboard came up with ストルミ
    but i don't know if that's right+^_^+ i think my character's name "Mary" is either メリ, メリー, マリ, or マリー, but i have no clue which one is right+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jun 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM.

The first one sounds the most accurate. Maybe add a horizontal dash after the first character "me". Thanks I guess ill copy paste. My computer does have a combination for Japanese but I forgot what I set it to lol.

Actually your second one is fine. My bad. "Merii"
    Last edited by Brou150; Jun 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KunoMochi

If I had to choose, I'd actually prefer something along the lines of the quick select used on the dreamcast and gamecube versions. If memory serves, there were relatively more phrases available that were already strung together rather than a bunch of separate translated words you'd clump together and hope gets your point across.

Quote Originally Posted by moremouse
    I found that in cbt, you could usually tell a player's language by their character name. Most english speaking players use the english alphabet for their name, where as most Japanese players will have their names in Japanese text. As a result, you'd often find english names pairing with english names, and vice versa for Japanese.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that's the case. While a majority of Japanese players will probably use hiragana / katakana/ kanji for their names, use of the English alphabet is considered to be cool and flashy at times, so it may not be safe to make assumptions just because they're using roman characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say that's the case. While a majority of Japanese players will probably use hiragana / katakana/ kanji for their names, use of the English alphabet is considered to be cool and flashy at times, so it may not be safe to make assumptions just because they're using roman characters.
    When you're on Ship 2/20 where us foreigners overrun it like rats, it's a pretty safe bet, my ratty brother.

Quote Originally Posted by moremouse View Post
    When you're on Ship 2/20 where us foreigners overrun it like rats, it's a pretty safe bet, my ratty brother.
    I was on ship 5 with a group of Japanese people so I guess it was different experience.