Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default if they don't have a global release?

This game is so pretty and yet if they don't have a global release (or a well done release anyway) no one will get to experience the magic of Phantasy Star.

Most of the people I know have never heard of Phantasy Star Online. Most of them don't know PSO2 or that it's coming out either, and why should they? It's been Japan only. I feel like all this development and stuff was just for Japanese people. People all over the world are craving for a great online game to play and if PSO2 is great then Sega is missing out on a huge market. Phantasy Star is a great futuristic and cute universe and amidst all the medieval and "realism" in the RPG genre it's so fresh to find this kind of uniqueness.

I dunno what I'm complaining about lol but I just hope PSO2 gets the recognition it deserves it ends up being well done and fun. I'm sick of not having anyone to talk to about Phantasy Star or everyone giving me weird looks when I bring up the series.

Market the Phantasy Star, Sega!!!

i don't know, the fact Sega reserved all those domain names (pos2.com, etc.) says they might have planes for the future+^_^+

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Honestly and this is just me speaking I feel its a bit too early to worry about things like this and yes Im itching to play this gem of a sequel since I heard they were gonna make it yeeears ago.

OMFG. They haven't ever said that it's not coming out in other countries. There is absolutely no reason for them to talk about a release outside of Japan when it's not even out in Japan yet. If it weren't for all the public alpha and beta testing, we probably wouldn't even have heard about the game until very recently.

All previous PSO games were also released in America.
    There are place holder localization options even in the beta clients.
    All signs point to it being released here eventually.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Mag-X if you were mocking me that was pretty darn funny while I chuckled and rolled my eyes but now that I think about it I guess they could worry cause I totaly agree with you all previous games were released a bit later with the exception of infinity which never touched soils outside the japanese region which made me a sad an upset Focast panda when I heard of this horrible news.
    Last edited by Vintasticvin; Jun 11, 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Yea, did Sega even make a showing of PSO2 @ E3? Really sucks that Sega doesn't seem to care about the domestic market. I'm just grateful dedicated US fans can still play.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinWolf View Post
    Yea, did Sega even make a showing of PSO2 @ E3? Really sucks that Sega doesn't seem to care about the domestic market. I'm just grateful dedicated US fans can still play.
    They didn't show off PSO2 at E3. Keep in mind, though, the game is still in beta. In all likelihood, there won't be any serious talks of localizing PSO2 until maybe a year after official service starts.

Besides, the fact that there is an English swear filter, English credits, and that PSO2.com re-directs to SoA's website should be a good sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    This game is so pretty and yet if they don't have a global release (or a well done release anyway) no one will get to experience the magic of Phantasy Star.

Most of the people I know have never heard of Phantasy Star Online. Most of them don't know PSO2 or that it's coming out either, and why should they? It's been Japan only. I feel like all this development and stuff was just for Japanese people. People all over the world are craving for a great online game to play and if PSO2 is great then Sega is missing out on a huge market. Phantasy Star is a great futuristic and cute universe and amidst all the medieval and "realism" in the RPG genre it's so fresh to find this kind of uniqueness.

I dunno what I'm complaining about lol but I just hope PSO2 gets the recognition it deserves it ends up being well done and fun. I'm sick of not having anyone to talk to about Phantasy Star or everyone giving me weird looks when I bring up the series.

Market the Phantasy Star, Sega!!!
    why not talk to us then???? were all fans here. im hopeing it dose get recognized cause your right ps in general is a great series. we can only cross our fingers tho cant complain with what we have now tho.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    why not talk to us then???? were all fans here. im hopeing it dose get recognized cause your right ps in general is a great series. we can only cross our fingers tho cant complain with what we have now tho.
    I'm fine with playing on Japanese servers forever more.

I really don't know what some of you think they would have showed at E3? The same game preview trailers everyone who cares has already seen? They can't let people play the game because no one would be able to understand what's going on with everything written in moon language.

Let them release the game and get the bugs worked out first. Then worry if they don't start talking about a western release. If you can't wait that long, learn some moon runes and play the Japanese version with the rest of us. (It'll be better than the US version anyway.)