Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by watersea View Post
    I don't think having a game with cutsie anime characters is going to appeal to americans.
    Dang... And here I thought I was an American all this time... Oh why didn't my parents tell me I was adopted!? Now I'll have a life-long complex, and it's all your fault!

But seriously, I know you mean mainstream America, and you're probably right. They'll be too busy playing Call of Duty 37 and WoW clones. There will however be enough Americans to support the game, since there is enough to keep on supporting PSU on the XBOX.

If there are enough people in America keeping crappy old Korean MMOs like Rose Online afloat, I think PSO2 will find enough customers. Especially if they're smart and distribute through Steam.

I'm hopeful for a NA release mainly b/c I don't wanna have to load a stupid language patch everytime I load the game. Not to mention the fact that I hate purchasing Japanese yen cards like I had to do w/PSPo2 before it released here. Losing out on a little bit of content won't bother me as much as others here. As long as I get the "meat & potatoes" I'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    I'm hopeful for a NA release mainly b/c I don't wanna have to load a stupid language patch everytime I load the game. Not to mention the fact that I hate purchasing Japanese yen cards like I had to do w/PSPo2 before it released here. Losing out on a little bit of content won't bother me as much as others here. As long as I get the "meat & potatoes" I'll be ok.
    You don't have to do it every time you load the game, just after updates.

Quote Originally Posted by moremouse View Post
    You don't have to do it every time you load the game, just after updates.
    Still something an American release would take care of. Or better yet, AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH OPTION! Such a tease...

Quote Originally Posted by watersea View Post
    I don't think having a game with cutsie anime characters is going to appeal to americans.
    You would be surprised ;p

they could just ad an English option with subtitles and item/menu translations and we would be all satisfied.

-.-
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

You can select Japanese language in the options right now, so I expect being able to select other languages in the future. Hopefully we won't have to trade English language for universal servers.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Still something an American release would take care of. Or better yet, AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH OPTION! Such a tease...
    Well, tbh, you won't even have to load up any language patches during the pre-open as there won't be any to load up. You're stuck with Japanese until open beta. I hope you've been studying.

Guys and Gals. I think your worries are overblown. MMORPG like POS 2 needs more testing which is why we are honored that Sega of Japan let Gaijin trying it. Take a look at fighting game like Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown where community actively help novices getting into the game.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter