Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default English Patch and The Newest Title Update

It seems that the English patch available from www.[redacted].com is not compatible with the latest client update from Sega. I tried implementing it earlier today, and now when I boot the client, all prompt boxes are empty. Just putting this out there, so you, the post reader, don't make the same mistake.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bradsta6508 View Post
    It seems that the English patch available from www.[redacted].com is not compatible with the latest client update from Sega. I tried implementing it earlier today, and now when I boot the client, all prompt boxes are empty. Just putting this out there, so you, the post reader, don't make the same mistake.
    You do realize this thread is a mistake right? You're not allowed to talk about the EP here. Or post any links.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    You do realize this thread is a mistake right? You're not allowed to talk about the EP here. Or post any links.
    From the sticky:

2. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., English patch, etc) is also not allowed here.
    Posting links? No. Talking about is ok, to a point. Just use your common sense. EDIT: When it comes to where to stop talking about the patch, I mean.
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 13, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    wut dude?

†-Helping Hands-† H3Av3NS PUNISH3R's Avatar

You're not supposed to talk about any unofficial patches here. If you want to fix the problem, just update your client again. It will replace the files.

"Love isn't love, unless it's love until the end."
    †-Avtive Night Arks Member-†
    \Hina F Newman HU30 FI41 RA40 GU46 FO55 TE55 Ship 02/
    \Artemis F CAST HU16+ Ship 02/

I can't comprehend why it would be not allowed to talk about a patch to a game that makes it easier to play (buy translating most of the game into a different language). Pso-world is not a subsidiary of sega, and these are not official sega forums, so other than arbitrary rules, who gets hurt (financially, economically, etc...) buy posting about patches that translate the game. I could understand if pso-world provided the actual client download of the patch, but if someone posted a link to another site, I just do not see the harm. For those who feel differently, please clarify my ignorance on this subject matter.

PSO-World is an "unofficial official" site for everything PSO-related. To keep that status, we must play along some rules, one of which being "Do not provide illegal content", which is what something that modifies your game's client is. Besides, as you may notice, Mike has already said that you can talk about that patch.

unofficial negates any "official" status that would be provided by sega. Its like saying a nonblack black guy...

"Wigger", you mean? In any case, PSO-World doesn't want to cross Sega's path, like it or not.