Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

I can't decide what I'm going to do, I honestly don't like Launchers very much, but they seem almost necessary considering they can make bosses do ~10 damage. I dunno, I'm almost guessing with this.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...IExgINI2qn4Nib

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...bkIqBqqIb4QIbf

So, I find myself caught between Wired Lance Gear, Just Reversal, Just Counter, and Sword Gear. The bare minimum for those adds up to 31 points, so something has to go. I'd like to specialize, but with only one char for the time being (and perhaps always, I'll have to wait and see) I think having more options with unique abilities will be more fun than being good at just one or two things when, everything else failing, another couple levels will make up for the reduced S-ATK Up.

So the 30 point cap means sacrificing the least useful unique ability. With a healing force on the team I'm thinking I should stop short of Just Reversal and leave it at Step Attack. If there's a healer the only issue with passing on Just Reversal seems to be the delay in getting back up. I know people are saying WLG is subpar, but I expect to use wired lances quite a bit in general and would appreciate the extra damage and range (Especially with rank 5 Fury Stance giving such a big gain in situations where I can just step-tank most damage. It'll be like Dark Souls, only all the swords glow and I can't come back as an undead cast.)

I wish there was a way to test out these unique abilities before committing to them though. I'm feeling like Wired Lance Gear will either be fun, or a waste of one point. At least its prereq is useful.

Has Sega stated whether raising the level cap will raise the skill cap, or are we stuck at 30 hoping for reduced prereqs for unique abilities? That would make things a bit easier, not that I necessarily expect Sega or any game company to hold to statements made in a beta. I seem to recall several games where skill trees were permanent at release, but were changed to allow unlimited free resets.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to comment on the sheet itself. Great work man, I really like it.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jun 20, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

You get a skill point each time you ding, so I don't see why it'd stop at 30. Moreover I'm sure they plan to add in more stuff with future level cap increases.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Oh, I've been under the impression that it was a fixed 30 point cap, unrelated to the level cap in the open beta. If it's a simple point per level all the way up to the max then that sounds great.

The Open Beta cap is 30 whereas the actual game cap is 40. Since you want to use Wired Lance so much, just don't get Sword Gear at the moment and wait for the actual release before you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    The Open Beta cap is 30 whereas the actual game cap is 40. Since you want to use Wired Lance so much, just don't get Sword Gear at the moment and wait for the actual release before you get it?
    Wait what? I thought OB was lvl 40 and release 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
    Wait what? I thought OB was lvl 40 and release 50?
    http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...desert-planet/

Check the Feature Recap at the bottom. Last I checked, it hasn't changed.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...desert-planet/

Check the Feature Recap at the bottom. Last I checked, it hasn't changed.
    Darn I guess so. But I hear the OB should only last around 2 weeks or less depending how well things go. Think ill stick to my lvl 40 skill build.

My concern is that skill points may be capped at 30, regardless of level cap. The only other game I've played with a similar skilltree setup had a fixed skillpoint cap at 30, even though max level was actually 50. As of level 31 and up you just stopped gaining skillpoints.

In that game resetting was free so it wasn't an issue, but nobody seems to know how it'll work in PSO2. Considering resets cost actual money I'd rather find out before precluding something I'd like to have.

But like I said, I'll just sacrifice Just Reversal. If I can train it at level 31 then that would be nice.