Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Character Customization Griefs

In the last two days in the pre-open beta, I ran across a lot of characters that looked exactly like mine (save the face shape).
    Caelis
    Spoiler!

I realized that a lot of people chose this look because of the same two things I did:

1) The hair + cat ear combo was one of two only combos that hid the human ears completely.
    2) This piece of clothing is the only female set that allows for the tattoo body type to show the tats well.

This game may have a lot of options in sizing limbs, boobs and eyes, but we are still really limited clothes, accessories and hairstyles. On top of that, of the few options we have most don't work very well. Click the random button in the creation menu, see how many are passable.

Most of hairstyles look the same! We have a lot of barely different glasses and few good hats. We are restricted to a handfull of full-body suits that really don't allow us to customize their colours unless we want to pay ridiculous amounts of real-life money on gambling for the colour we want.

I want more curly/wavy hairstyle. More realistic, non-supersayan hairdoos for the guys. I was the ability to chose all colour options, not just the one. More different styles of hats, face paints, tatoos, etc. I'm also still sour that the removed the ability to choose torso, legs and feet clothing parts. That was actually a good thing added in PSU.

I know this is only the beta, but I have this feeling that the current customization level (pre-cash Shop) is all there will be in the full game. If this is true, I for one will continue to rage.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    we are still really limited clothes, accessories and hairstyles.
    SEGA wants that jing. That's all the explanation that needs.

Limited character options have been a standard since Universe. In PSP2i, you had all of three sets to choose from at first, but by end-game there are literally hundreds of clothes, and the hairstyle choices expand to maybe twice as many (excluding the various bangs/back combo ones). Just gotta be patient.

As you mentioned, its Only the BETA.

I myself do not expect anything from an unfinished product, except to be familiar with the features and get acquainted with what the game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    SEGA wants that jing. That's all the explanation that needs.
    This would be okay with me, if the only way to get new clothes wasn't a lottery ticket.

I understand having special edition or rare piece obtained only that way, but EVERY piece of clothing? Come on, that just sucks. And, in the end, they will get less of my money for it.

If they have X Costume, a non-rare item, for sale in the cash shop that I really wanted for 1 dollar. They get my 1 dollar. Having the same non-rare item only obtainable by lottery tickets (say 1/10 chance at 0.10 dollars a pop, statistically the same as selling it for 1 dollar outright because it should take 10 tickets on average to get the item I want), they end up getting none of my money out of shear pissed-off'ed'ness.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

I feel kinda bad...

Yours
    Spoiler!

Mine
    Spoiler!

Similar, but different enough I guess.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

The options were enough that I never found somebody else with a character that I wouldn't be able to immediately distinguish which one was mine if I had to.

But yeah, I would prefer more options. Casts get to change arms, legs, and torso independently, as well as having a much larger range of color options both in terms of which colors were available, and in the ability to customize primary and secondary (And tertiary, if I recall correctly) colors for their parts. I don't see why the other races choose from only preset full-body outfits with a limited color palette that only changes part of the color scheme.

Fleshy disadvantage? :E

Agreed. I designed my human character and thought "Meh, hardly any colors but when they can, they will add more." Then I saw the Primary/SecondaryX2 Color Palette for the Casts and thought "Oh wtfsauce hells no..."

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I only hate how limited the male CASTs are at the moment and how most of the male unis stank. I would've loved to make a male character but the choices are so bad right now I can't. I'm just thankful they didn't make female CASTs look like the male version but put boobs on them.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance