Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Laggy/slowdown/choppiness in lobbies still?

I remember quite a few people had this during the closed beta test. Sadly I still get it myself.

I know the servers got upgraded so i'm wondering if anyone else is getting this. Maybe it's just my pc.

So are any of you guys with the fancy core i7's and those fancy 600 series cards having these issues?

During gameplay (in actual quest/missions) my game runs perfectly smooth even when i'm playing with multiple players. However as soon as I go to the lobby I get a lot of sturrering/choppiness. It's not like game breaking but it's kinda annoying.

So i'm just wondering if anyone with a fancy core i7 is getting this maybe I need to upgrade.

Nope, no choppiness/slowdown/framerate issues.

If there is.. That's a processor issue from your pc, not a connection issue.

What kinda settings are you guys running it on?

I may have to sacrifice some image quality. I currently run the game at max settings aa/on max res etc etc. I wont be able to test this out till next week though.

The issue is most likely your PC and/or connection.

Ran it on semi-high with no issues.

Its mostly your gpu that can't handle rendering the game at the current settings or if you have a slow HD and you go into the lobby, you will be choppy loading up all those player models since the game depends on the hard drive and graphics card mostly than the cpu or ram.
    Last edited by Aeris; Jun 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM.

I was running on Max setting and its probably one of the smoothest MMO I played in awhile, zero input lag even in crowded lobby.

But I notice there is a issue with player displaying in lobbies. Players seemingly are invisible till your right next to them. When I was meeting up with a friend it took like 20min for us to find each other =p

Suppose I am use to MMO with absurd 50 mile field of view, so this sort of annoys me.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Actually the lag in the lobbies were really bad in the CBT. I didn't run into any of that in the POBT.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Its mostly your gpu that can't handle rendering the game at the current settings or if you have a slow HD and you go into the lobby, you will be choppy loading up all those player models since the game depends on the hard drive and graphics card mostly than the cpu or ram.
    Hmm interesting. For the record my pc is quite old from modern standards now days. My hard drive is like 5-6 years old my CPU is a core 2 duo e8500 and the newest thing is my graphics card a GTX460.

So i'm guessing it's either my cpu or my very slow hard drive.

I had no problems loading the most crowed lobbies using a intel G850 and a radeon 6570 on maximum quality my game hardrive is a very old one too not even SATA 2 and it was still fine for me.

I think it's more of a connection issue than a computer issue itself.