Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i still have to tinker the game settins a bit, but i was able to play with shaders on "and blur because its so much better with blur"

but i guess ill be turning the textures a bit down, and shadows aswell to get a framerate boost, "i only had some gfx lag on desert when the sandstorm started.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vylera
    Even with an i7 2500k, I could only get around 25-40 FPS with a Radeon HD 6750, max settings 1080p. My best benchmark score was 1600~ range.
    CPU's, especially nowadays, don't have a great impact on performance. And as you've already stated, the GPU is always the first component to switch when having low framerates.
    (Make sure you have a decent CPU to not bottleneck yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris
    Game is more in favor for nvidia gpus than it is for radeon since its optimized for nvidia for the game
    That's right. Although decent AMD cards should do great. I've had a constant 60FPS on max settings at 1680x1050 at the event even when recording. This is with a 6870.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris
    but if you had a SSD, HDD+SSD or a Ram Disk, you probably be less choppy loading player models in lobby but a standard HD is why its so choppy/shuttering loading every player model you see in lobbies depending on many you set it in options in game how many you want to load
    This is not true. Your HDD does not even play a role here. It's the GPU that does all this stuff. People with weak GPU's will experience stutterings because the GPU is too slow to constantly dispose, load and render the textures/characters etc.
    With a modern GPU you should have no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama
    but i guess ill be turning the textures a bit down, and shadows aswell to get a framerate boost, "i only had some gfx lag on desert when the sandstorm started.
    If you have enough video memory, then you shouldn't turn down the textures as it will have a negligible effect. Turning down shadows will definitely improve your performance.
    Last edited by Garteal; Jun 17, 2012 at 06:14 AM.

great, thanks for the tip garteal
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    Hmm interesting. For the record my pc is quite old from modern standards now days. My hard drive is like 5-6 years old my CPU is a core 2 duo e8500 and the newest thing is my graphics card a GTX460.

So i'm guessing it's either my cpu or my very slow hard drive.
    Change your cpu, a poor little dual core trying to use your card and process the game.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I played with a 3G modem and I didn't disconnect a single time (nor had any major synch problems that I know of).

I'm actually surprised at how well things worked out (the people I played with said the same when I mentioned the modem thing).

Of course, a lot of character models in the lobby didn't load (and I had graphics set in 2) but I don't care that much about it.

This is not true. Your HDD does not even play a role here. It's the GPU that does all this stuff. People with weak GPU's will experience stutterings because the GPU is too slow to constantly dispose, load and render the textures/characters etc.
    With a modern GPU you should have no problems at all.
    I've a SSD + I7 960@4Ghz + SLI GTX 560 ti + 12go and I have stuttering in the lobby.

I don't understand why, maybe the game engine