Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Question Am I the only one who feels PSO2 is missing something?

I have played PSO2 Alpha on and when I play it I enjoy it to an extent but it gives me a feeling of emptiness. Hopefully it changes with release.

What would that be?

I'll tell you what is wrong with the game. The servers aren't up :*(

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    I'll tell you what is wrong with the game. The servers aren't up :*(
    lol agreed. But its missing one more thing....more dance moves.

"EVEN IN PSO2, THE BURN MEANS IT STILL WORKING!!!"

I love the game but I do get that feeling. I just know that this is the beginning and with all the new content we'll see each month, the game will stay interesting. I think gameplay wise, the worst thing is that quests don't feel like quests at all, you don't even have to fight anything most of the time, just run to the end. I'd like to see some areas with actual doors you have to open.
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Delta View Post
    That is the thing I don't know what it is. Maybe, it is I just am getting to old to play games and I am growing out of them. I just don't have the same feeling I had when I played PSO and PSU.
    Language barrier...?

I don't like not being able to understand the matter board story and 90% of the quest text.

My problem is that I can understand SPOKEN Japanese, but my kanji library is slim to none.

I feel the game is empty because I don't understand what I'm doing or why I'm doing it. However, I still have crap loads of fun with the gameplay.

It's only a Beta, and will improve itself soon.
    Little early to pass full judgement on it.
    Until then, I want to dance with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I think gameplay wise, the worst thing is that quests don't feel like quests at all, you don't even have to fight anything most of the time, just run to the end. I'd like to see some areas with actual doors you have to open.
    This is original PSO style gameplay really. It kept fans for years

The real heart of PSO imho was in the large scale boss battles that required planned teamwork.

Edit: That and the awesome community the game attracts.
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 18, 2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    I love the game but I do get that feeling. I just know that this is the beginning and with all the new content we'll see each month, the game will stay interesting. I think gameplay wise, the worst thing is that quests don't feel like quests at all, you don't even have to fight anything most of the time, just run to the end. I'd like to see some areas with actual doors you have to open.
    While the game doesn't force players to fight random groups of enemies, it does encourage exploration and fighting enemies. By avoiding fighting enemies during quests you're missing on exp, drops, client orders objectives, PSE/the possibility of a PSE Burst during multi-party areas, lower rank by the end of the quest, and so on.

There's also the client orders to unlock more quests or areas, those need the player to S rank a quest in a time limit, but it's needed kill enemies during the quest to get the S rank, and to find enemies you have to explore a bit. If you just rush to the end, you get a lower rank.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I had this feeling at first in the beginning of CBT, but I figured out what it was.

1. Language barrier- It strips away a certain level of ease and comfort, and adds just a tinge of frustration at times which pulls you away from potential immersion.

2. Story and dialogue- This can be a big one for some. As stated in #1, the language barrier makes this less comfortable not knowing exactly what's going on as it happens.

3. Content, content, content. We're still in beta. They have a whole lot more stuff ready for us, but we're not going to get to sample all of it right away. I'm sure once the game officially launches there will be a whole lot more to do and explore. Remember, we are merely in a testing phase. The content, it will come.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!