View Poll Results: Why did you start playing as female character?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female IRL.

20 15.27%
  • I always play as females in online games.

15 11.45%
  • I always want to see a beautiful girl on my screen when I play.

14 10.69%
  • I wanted to make a girl of my dream.

2 1.53%
  • It's easier to bribe men by pretending to be a cute girl.

1 0.76%
  • For roleplay purposes.

2 1.53%
  • I have many characters, male and female.

39 29.77%
  • I never play as female characters.

20 15.27%
  • Another reason (answer below)

18 13.74%
  • I just picked my character randomly.

0 0%
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Arrow Analyzing numbers / What character did you choose and why?

Let's take a look at the results of closed beta once again.
    These diagrams show distribution of players' characters.
    I wasn't surprised seeing results like these:

Most of players start playing as human hunter, as expected. Humans are well balanced and good for testing all 3 classes, and hunters always had the best battle dynamics (at least in all previous PS online games).

But I want to take a deeper look at these diagrams:

Oh my god. Did all men die out on the war? Well yeah, girls are cute and every guy wants to make a "girl of your dream", especially with the new character creation system. (Also it's not a secret that over 80% of players are men). Real girls just make "better versions" of themseles, so we have even more female characters. I guess that's why they're dominating. It all can be understood, but I want to ask everyone personally, what motivated you to create a female character, if you played as one? I'll attach a poll with some answers to this thread.
    And second question, why did everyone dislike newman males so that only 4,5% of players choose them? Some people can say that they look gay (judging by the presets), but I disagree. I created a very manly newman ranger for coming open beta:
    Spoiler!

(Right, I hid his short ears behind the accessories.)

And yes, one more question: does low popularity of some character types motivate you to create one of them just to be unique, well-known and easily-recognized?

And here goes your pole, as promised xD
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by LuneFox View Post
    what motivated you to create a female character, if you played as one? I'll attach a pole with some answers to this thread.
    That would certainly solve the issues of 'too many females', huh?

*crickets*

..fine. Anyway, I play primarily female characters because, well, it's fun. I figure I'm a man in the real world 24/7, so why not utilize the opposite option where and when available? I make some male characters too, but not nearly as much.

Also, I like playing dress-up in these types of games. Sure, others may think it's "weird", but I don't, uh, really care.

No one would probably be able to tell, but I used to be one of those douchey, "if you play girl characters then you're a faggot" -type dudes, but now I think it's a lot of fun. I changed my tune after making my first female character ever in any game, back on PSU. Was a CAST named "DoomDrive", but I ended up becoming jealous of the fleshy clothes options, so I deleted her and made a certain blue-haired female Beast (as I thought female Beasts were the cutest), and then...well...yeah. The rest is history.

Simple reason. Nothing special.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jun 17, 2012 at 08:04 PM.

My character choice comes from PSU. Back in the beginning of PSU, Female Beasts were the rarest race sex combo. I chose to make one. I just grew to like her, so I recreated her as best as I could in PSO2, although she got a little more grown up to better account for my current tastes.

Edit: Come to think of it, that's what started me using female characters in most games...Curse you PSU!!! Nah I have no regrets.
    Last edited by Zaix; Jun 17, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

I never really even pay attention to my character when i'm playing, it's just me and the game.
    I just thought male casts were TOO bulky, that's all.

Edit: Your chars face looks almost exactly like Walter Sobcheck (John Goodman)
    Love it!!
    Last edited by ~Inu~; Jun 17, 2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: eh

Humar cause im following the blood line of jack (my first pso char)After. Guys are hunters girls rangers. But my main is always the son of my last main so im a guy always.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

I'm playing a male human because that's what I usually roll, I usually have a female character as a secondary char though. The only reason why I have a human over a newman is because the only difference (aside from stats) are the ears and I'm too lazy to remake him as a newman.

FOnewearl, because it's the best race for Force.

Also: JP loves their waifus.

I normally play a very specific type of male character and name him Kao Pyro. However I discovered a female character that I really liked how she looked so I'll be playing her in PSO2 instead. Who knows, maybe it'll keep me in the game longer than I've been with other games.
    PSO2 Beta - Ship 2 - Hunter - Naomi
    PSO2 CBT gameplay videos

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    That would certainly solve the issues of 'too many females', huh?
    Haha, you got me xD That happens when I'm trying to type quickly. Poll, pole. Yeah, it sounds differently, but I think I can be excused because english is my second language :3
    Just a typo. Okay, I'll attach a pole as well xD Just for you.

You should add an option in the poll for "I'm male, and use male characters", as well as "I use a female if it offers something significant that a male character doesn't in gameplay". Those are my basic thoughts. Character differences are small, so gender isn't too big of a deal. Do note that HUmarl and FOmar might be lacking in ATP/MST compared to their other counter part though. Marl shares ATP with both newmans; Mar has a bit of a MST disadvantage (but at least has a little moreHP and ATP for rod damage).