View Poll Results: Why did you start playing as female character?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female IRL.

20 15.27%
  • I always play as females in online games.

15 11.45%
  • I always want to see a beautiful girl on my screen when I play.

14 10.69%
  • I wanted to make a girl of my dream.

2 1.53%
  • It's easier to bribe men by pretending to be a cute girl.

1 0.76%
  • For roleplay purposes.

2 1.53%
  • I have many characters, male and female.

39 29.77%
  • I never play as female characters.

20 15.27%
  • Another reason (answer below)

18 13.74%
  • I just picked my character randomly.

0 0%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Y'see, back in PSO, HUnewearl was broken as hell. Walk into a room, Rafoie everything to cinders, slap what's left with my Grass Assassin Blades, then Resta and have my TP regen'd by the time I reached the next room. I didn't even carry mates; just fluids. Then I tried that with PSU and it was awful. Then PSP came and it wasn't quite as bad anymore, but still not good. Now with the promise of cross-class weapons, I might finally be able to get back to being the magic knight I've wanted to be.

PSO2 genders also have stat differences? Hmm, I didn't know that. And "I'm male, and use male characters" equals "I never play as female characters", doesn't it?

I have been told that females outnumber males 7 to 1 IRL.

I haven't checked on that but, what's also interesting is I've been told that females play male characters online (those who don't want to be harrassed).

Which is directly aganist the statement "There are no girls on the internet."

"Well there's certianly girls on Phantasy Star"

Whoever designed those clothes had some CRAZY ideas! I don't know if I should call him a genius! He was probably like: "I want to put a window on the chest part of this outfit! I want to see some Big Blue Eight-thousand-eights!!!"

..... oh right I didn't answer.

I main male and alternatively play female. I was a female in the closed beta because I knew I wasn't going to be permanently playing as her. Also I was trying to perfect the Character creator.

I always play male since I'm a male and I assume everybody else is male unless proved other wise.
    Off topic-is hunter chosen a lot more because they are better than other classes in terms of overall ability to clear mobs? or because it's a fun class?

I typically play HUmar. You can never go wrong with HUmar. However, when I role a force I go female since forces generally look effeminate to me anyway. Also as inu said, I typically don't pay much attention to my character when I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider_M View Post
    Whoever designed those clothes had some CRAZY ideas! I don't know if I should call him a genius! He was probably like: "I want to put a window on the chest part of this outfit! I want to see some Big Blue Eight-thousand-eights!!!"
    huehuehuehuehue...

Actually, if you look at the outfit, it has a zipper at the bottom of the opening (the little white thing). But, the way the chest is opened, and how the zipper is, it looks as if the character tried to zip it up, but it simply couldn't make the the climb over the mountain, y'know?

It took me a while to notice it, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Actually, if you look at the outfit, it has a zipper at the bottom of the opening (the little white thing). But, the way the chest is opened, and how the zipper is, it looks as if the character tried to zip it up, but it simply couldn't make the the climb over the mountain, y'know?
    It took me a while to notice it, myself.
    Yeah, exactly O.o Welcome to Japan =P

Quote Originally Posted by LuneFox View Post
    PSO2 genders also have stat differences? Hmm, I didn't know that. And "I'm male, and use male characters" equals "I never play as female characters", doesn't it?
    Didn't catch that option for some reason. But yeah, no females here unless it's got something significant.

Skilled Fighter

I play the gender that I think has the most interesting design, which usually entitles that I cycle through all the options for both genders.

I ended up liking female cast customization the most.

Voted: Another reason

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    You should add an option in the poll for "I'm male, and use male characters", as well as "I use a female if it offers something significant that a male character doesn't in gameplay". Those are my basic thoughts. Character differences are small, so gender isn't too big of a deal. Do note that HUmarl and FOmar might be lacking in ATP/MST compared to their other counter part though. Marl shares ATP with both newmans; Mar has a bit of a MST disadvantage (but at least has a little moreHP and ATP for rod damage).
    Well... I was thinking something along those lines too.
    I don't know, "I'm female IRL." sounds a bit...
    Well, lacking (like how it that a reason?); Alternatively like you're just assuming girls just play as girls.

I don't play male characters because for me I'm living through mine in whatever world is in question.

And I just can't relate to guys very well at all for the most part. It's like that with other types of games/movies/anime etc as well!
    I always prefer a lead that I can relate to, usually (but not always) that means some female character!
    And... Well... Quite frankly there's a lot of things I avoid or just won't catch my interest with a male lead.
    Which... Kind of sucks if you think about it, since most of the time it's all about some guy! >.<
    (Just think of movies for example? I don't like movies much. <.<)

So games like PSO2 where you make your own are nice because they let me pick the lead!
    And I like to think of my avatar(s) as being me or some representation of me or however you want to word it.
    And being able to choose what you look like is awesome~♥!

But not everyone is like me though! Others like to think of their avatar differently (I don't know, more like it's own character maybe?)
    or just don't think too much at all about it! And this goes for all genders!
    It's not too unusual for me to run across women playing male characters.

Edit: Oh um... And I didn't pick anything, wasn't in the altha/beta/anything.
    Last edited by Ghost Inside; Jun 17, 2012 at 09:14 PM.