View Poll Results: Why did you start playing as female character?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female IRL.

20 15.27%
  • I always play as females in online games.

15 11.45%
  • I always want to see a beautiful girl on my screen when I play.

14 10.69%
  • I wanted to make a girl of my dream.

2 1.53%
  • It's easier to bribe men by pretending to be a cute girl.

1 0.76%
  • For roleplay purposes.

2 1.53%
  • I have many characters, male and female.

39 29.77%
  • I never play as female characters.

20 15.27%
  • Another reason (answer below)

18 13.74%
  • I just picked my character randomly.

0 0%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Inside View Post
    I don't know, "I'm female IRL." sounds a bit...
    Well, lacking (like how it that a reason?); Alternatively like you're just assuming girls just play as girls.
    Yeah, you're right. Girls usually play as girls, but exceptions also take place. But little exceptions won't cause any strong influence on the counting up result.
    And they also have same options to answer that they don't play female characters, or play both male and female.
    Being a female IRL is just one of the reasons to play as a girl.

Originally started playing a female character for role playing purposes.

PSU is the only RPG I really got into to stay on for a very long time. I used to make only male characters on PSU and in fact my main character was a male. It wasn't until I saw a cute anime character named Mikuru Asahina that I wanted to make a female character.

I made a female Newman character named Mikuru look similar to the one in the anime. Originally it was just for fun, but then I ended up leveling to a 75 during an event because I just wanted to do something besides MF. I was going to delete her but then I was like "This character is cute, level 75 Acrofighter LV20, and has some pretty good weapons." So I kept her hoping I would become a better Acrofighter. But that wasn't the case. My male MF was my main. She became more like a character to play on when I got bored.

At the time I had no idea female Newmans had more TP than male Newmans. So as soon as I heard that, I started thinking about making a female MF. For a while I couldn't decide whether to make a female MF or just stay on my male. I didn't want to restart.

2 months later, Mikuru was level 139 and I really wanted to become a better MF. So I decided to make Mikuru a MF and grinded her to 180 in 2 weeks. Then I continued playing as her and i still do.

So anyways, I think I just got used to playing as a female. I loved the variety of clothes that female characters could choose from. When I play as a male now, it is just not exciting? I don't really know how to describe it. I can still play as them though. I plan on having a male character in PSO 2 as well.

Sega forum: Home Dog
    YouTube: GamerTime1226

I primary make female characters because I personally feel that we could use more strong heroines in games, and irl for that matter. Sex appeal is nice, but I'd hardly ever slide the breast slider all the way to the right or make them wear the most revealing outfit in existence unless it really looks good on them and fits their personally.

I also always make them bi or lesbian in roleplays. :3
    Last edited by Neo Flint; Jun 17, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

I am female IRL and also I played FOmarl in PSO to level 175 or something. I loved her because she could do anything I wanted. I could shoot a gun if I wanted, or heal/support, or nuke. And she did it in a pretty dress which I thought was just awesome because you don't really see that in too many games. I felt feminine and powerful. It's great.

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

Quote Originally Posted by LuneFox View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Girls usually play as girls, but exceptions also take place. But little exceptions won't cause any strong influence on the counting up result.
    And they also have same options to answer that they don't play female characters, or play both male and female.
    Being a female IRL is just one of the reasons to play as a girl.
    Umm... I still wouldn't say it's a reason as in cause/motive.
    It's more of a... Bias/predisposition.

Call it nitpicking if you like!

I mean... There are guys who play as guys for the exact same reasons I play female characters. And still you have a large portion of men playing female characters!
    I feel like my gender is more incidental rather than causual on this point.
    It's because my brain works a certain way in how I think about my character(s), if I were a guy it'd be the same cause but with a different outcome.

Er... If I'm making any sort of sense? I shouldn't be making arguments at 4 am. -.-
    Last edited by Ghost Inside; Jun 17, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

In PSO2 i was going to make a male character, except I really don't like the clothes option for the guys. I really had no choice but to make a loli with huge boobs. I'm the victim here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I really had no choice but to make a loli with huge boobs.
    Question: How does one get such a thing forced upon them?
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

Sarcasm.

Ack, preschoolers with huge busts! The very bane of my existence.

If this is going to devolve into talk about oppai lolis, I can only wholeheartedly endorse it.