Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Open beta: do I just download the client?

Hey all,

Obviously new to PSO-world, but have been playing Phantasy Star in some form or another ever since I bought IV back in the 90s. Needless to say, I've been super pumped about PSO2 - especially considering I played the holy hell out of the original - and seeing that the open beta kicks off in just a few days, I want to make sure I'm a part of it. Thus, my question is: what steps do I need to take in order to ensure that happens?

Apologies in advance if this topic has already been addressed in another post.

Cheers,

Azure
    Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" --- and find that there is no death.”

You'll need to sign up for a SEGA ID.

Good Guide here: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...tration-guide/

Excellent! Thanks, Pyrii!
    Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" --- and find that there is no death.”

Registration for the beta ends tomorrow, correct?

No. It should never end. Tomorrow is just the end for getting the rappy doll for registering early.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

Registration will be open for ages, the limit relates to a signup campaign for a bonus I think.

Keep in mind that once you have downloaded the client it will update with the OB files, this patch took forever to finish and I would recommend that you download it now while the servers are down.

Or you can get it from here (I didn't so I can't tell you if it works but the posts seem to be positive).

EDIT: Just saying since I saw all the questions regarding registration were already answered.
    Last edited by imarafan; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Newer downloads include most of the OB patch, so it shouldn't take him an awful long time...Still update ASAP either way.
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

Fantastic! Thank you, everyone, for the speedy and informative replies - much appreciated.

Can anyone point me to the client download?