Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSO2 need better security system

GameGuard, like seriously gameguard? In this day and age, SEGA still use this lack luster security program? It's been around for ages and there's so many hacks to get around it it's not even funny. I doubt SEGA will have the manpower to track down cheaters

Yes, Gameguard is hilariously easy to get past. I do wonder if there would be little else getting in the way of some malicious hackers getting on the game and ripping it asunder, truthfully.

Gameguard is very good at stopping me from playing the games it protects if I've changed the system locale, so I guess it does detect some cheating (I wasn't supposed to be able to run those Japanese games).

I guess it's their unique way of welcoming Broomop back into the community haha

The more that's server side, the more secure it is. I would assume sega puts some ingame checks on some things and gameguard is for extra "security"

At least it cant be as bad as the old pso dupe glitch via 2 windows open at once. Now that was just funny considering it was also able to give you 10 weapons equiped at once.

Also broomop is a joke. I dont think he does anything himself. I think he just takes stuff from the more hush hush modders and passes them off as his own

"Why English player like to cheat and hack?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrTurkleton View Post
    The more that's server side, the more secure it is. I would assume sega puts some ingame checks on some things and gameguard is for extra "security"

At least it cant be as bad as the old pso dupe glitch via 2 windows open at once. Now that was just funny considering it was also able to give you 10 weapons equiped at once.

Also broomop is a joke. I dont think he does anything himself. I think he just takes stuff from the more hush hush modders and passes them off as his own
    Ya they really need to focus making things server sided. I have played over 1.2k League of Legend matches never met a hacker and that is largely due to everything is server sided in LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    Guess we know the answer: because Gameguard is so easy to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTurkleton View Post

like most crackers he probably only does it to see how far he can go...

don't think he uses other peoples exploits tho.

anyone remember optimus prime?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    I almost ended up on the floor laughing.