Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    "Why English player like to cheat and hack?"
    You marvelous bastard, don't make me laugh while at work!!

So it's pretty obvious most people don't really know what Broomop is all about, and if he really did know what he was doing.

Well for starters, yes, he does know a fair bit of knowledge about PSO hacking, but this is all thanks to ********.

If yall really wanna know it was ******** that did almost ALLL of the real hacking for PSO. Broomop was ********s friend and this had access to his tools which he then changed, and sold on his website, LOADED with keyloggers I might add, but they did work on Sega servers.

I was friends with Broomop in the past and near the end of US PSOBB got caught up in using a very secure, very strong proxy tool to modify client to server packets and so forth. Undetectable and completely legit. THIS is what scares me. It doesn't matter how much is server side, if you can securely grab packets from the server and client talking, game over for us...

I don't know much about game guard quite frankly because it doesn't do anything to protect the game. Those claiming it slowed maple story hacking are only fooling yourselves. I'm sorry, but GG did not lower hacking from 50% to 5%. Maybe 50% to 30%? AND THAT WOULD BE A STRETCH!

Think of Game Guard like a fence and PSO is on one side and you are on the other. You can't just keep walking forward, the fence will stop you; BUT, you can go over, under or even around the fence with a little work. Now that's looking at it very simply, but the sad part is, it really is that simple to bypass game guard. After that it's up to Sega and how well they secure there client to server communication. It SUCKED in PSO, so my guess is they will definitely address it.

Oyeah and why didn't I mention Snowfox, Infamous Nugz, and other notable hackers from the PSO era? Because they all copied. Like I said, if you wanna blame anyone, blame ******** for being so damn smart to replicate the PSO server code
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Maybe SEGA and nProtect have some kind of "business deal"/contract/ect of sorts that prevents SEGA from using anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by FusionNeko
    MapleStory is a poorly coded game, a lot of it's assets are on the client side, and being around a bunch of programmers that tried to undertake certain feats. I've had the whole thing explained. (Assuming Maple is Maplestory :P ) That game is just.. ugh, yeah. To much was on the client side, server needed to do more, or somehow find a way make it more secure on the clients side.
    Yes, I'm talking about Maplestory >.<''
    Do you know what assets are? Ofcourse they have to be on the clientside.
    It doesn't matter if it was more server-side, that too can be easily hacked.

Pro hackers just have to stop releasing these things to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by ThermalWolf
    Those claiming it slowed maple story hacking are only fooling yourselves. I'm sorry, but GG did not lower hacking from 50% to 5%. Maybe 50% to 30%? AND THAT WOULD BE A STRETCH!
    Then you clearly haven't played the game back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun
    Maybe SEGA and nProtect have some kind of "business deal"/contract/ect of sorts that prevents SEGA from using anything else?
    Ofcourse they have a contract. I guess SEGA thought nProtect was it's best choice. Or cheapest.
    Last edited by Garteal; Jun 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garteal View Post
    Pro hackers just have to stop releasing these things to the public.
    This and only this sadly....

Quote Originally Posted by Garteal View Post
    Then you clearly haven't played the game back then.
    Really? Because I WAS one of those so called 5% still hackers. Maple is terribly programmed title. I have no idea why you defend it so much XD Yes it's fun and kiddy and enjoyable but that doesn't mean it uses terrible security and allows so many assets to be left client side. Buddy, you don't know much about hacking do you

All I'm saying is Maple DID have terrible security, it DID leave to much on the Client Side, and hacking thrives pretty well in it to this day. I mean shit for pretty much most of existence the top Maple Story player WAS A HACKER!
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by "Thermalwolf'
    Really? Because I... Maple is terribly programmed title. I have no idea why you defend it so much XD Yes it's fun and kiddy and enjoyable but that doesn't mean it uses terrible security and allows so many assets to be left client side. Buddy, you don't know much about hacking do you
    Nice of you to admit that. Maple is not terribly programmed. These pro hackers have seriously damaged them though.

No, I don't defend Maple lol, I've played it for like 6 years or so (on and off), and am SICK of it.
    But people mindlessly bash Gameguard without proper reasoning.

Again, you too don't know what an asset is.
    I know more than hacking than you probably do.
    Last edited by Garteal; Jun 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    Really? Because I WAS one of those so called 5% still hackers. Maple is terribly programmed title. I have no idea why you defend it so much XD Yes it's fun and kiddy and enjoyable but that doesn't mean it uses terrible security and allows so many assets to be left client side. Buddy, you don't know much about hacking do you

All I'm saying is Maple DID have terrible security, it DID leave to much on the Client Side, and hacking thrives pretty well in it to this day. I mean shit for pretty much most of existence the top Maple Story player WAS A HACKER!
    You're looking to get yourself canned by posting something incriminating like that.

Also your statement contradicts itself. Basically you said Maplestory was easy and difficult to hack in the same space. What gives?

In any case, we're not talking Maplestory, we're talking PSO2. And even if PSO2 was easy to hack, do you really see a reason to, other than to be a bloated, showoffy little crap-factory? I don't think so.

Well, being extremely aggressive and insulting like that is basically the surefire way to make enemies, so good job there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    You're looking to get yourself canned by posting something incriminating like that.

Also your statement contradicts itself. Basically you said Maplestory was easy and difficult to hack in the same space. What gives?

In any case, we're not talking Maplestory, we're talking PSO2. And even if PSO2 was easy to hack, do you really see a reason to, other than to be a bloated, showoffy little crap-factory? I don't think so.
    Yeah I didn't represent what I was trying to explain very well in text...

As for the incrimination part I'll probably stop posting then but all I'm trying to do is shed light to those who don't understand these kinds of things fully.

By all means y'all can hate me, I'm not a lier and I won't sit here and say what I didn't do when I actual did.

But whatever sorry to anyone who got offended, I'm just trying to help you all.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Well, being extremely aggressive and insulting like that is basically the surefire way to make enemies, so good job there.
    Because I was insulted by him for trying to tell me he knew more when he obviously didn't.

I also forget PSOW isn't to fond of any of this, good intentions or not. So I'll be leaving this thread then.

But Game Guard is a joke, this I will always say, and I really wish Sega would invest in better security.
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Merge

every game I have played with gameguard has been hackfest and botfest