Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Gonna go off topic realy quick and ask if they make your hot chocolate with water or milk.
    A mod derailing a topic? Crap, Paradox PARADOX!!!!

And, men will begin to carry purses in the masses, as they will find the usefulness in carrying over-sized bags in which to conceal large bottles of soda like the womenfolk have been doing for years. It'll be a fashion revolution.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Cigarettes are still fine, though. Although removed from quite a few public places, this just shows how you can't make this shit up.

8 or so years ago I've been saying that all of these stupid laws people are trying to pass are going to start to slip through in the future--and here they are. I'd really, really hate to see what society is like beyond our time. I guess those growing up in it just won't feel it.

I'll just say that I'm glad I'm living in Texas.

But I feel for the folks that this sort of idiocy could possibly affect (assuming it actually passes, which I must say seems rather doubtful in the face of its SHEER IDIOCY).

It's absurd, yeah, but these kinds of laws pass all the fucking time - especially on the local level (which this is). It's business as usual, and if it passes - which I doubt, it'll probably be shortly thereafter repealed (or simply not enforced)... which again, is business as usual. I don't know, maybe it's because lawmakers feel it is their elected duty to... you know... make laws, even wherein no laws/regulation are necessary. Which is worse for a politician... incompetence or impotence? Perhaps it's a personal health agenda of a select few crusaders who have managed to get their ideas to catch on... you know, kind of like Eugenics or Prohibition?

Who knows, the law (if passed) may be a huge success and will meet the societal goals it was designed to accomplish. Maybe it'll even scale up to the national level and improve the nation's health across the board? Or maybe it'll work for Cambridge, yet fail to scale up? Or perhaps the whole fucking thing will implode in their faces? One of the nice things about America is that local governments can enact local laws through their local governments to try out new ideas and see how the local populace reacts. Every township, county, and state is a little governmental experiment lab coming up with new things... both sensible and absurd, that either succeed or fail. You'd be surprised, even, how often it is the absurd ideas which are the ones to succeed.

One thing I do know for sure... although I don't agree with the law, it's not my place to get incensed over it. Being from Indiana, it's none of my business. Maybe if it was enacted in Illinois, Michigan, or Ohio... places with strong economic ties to my local area (thus possibly affecting me)... or like Texas's influence on the contents of the nation's school textbooks, I could muster some concern. Still, I find it disgustingly hypocritical when people bitch and moan and complain about "Big Brother" Federal Government sticking their nose into their business... yet will happily raise their voice in opposition to matters of local governments half a continent away from them.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!