Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I thought banning things instead of educating people about a problem was the america way

Quote Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
    In case no one read the article....

This is only for restaurants, so you can still get all the stuff you want at any store.
    It probably applies to coffee shops and the like too. There's one with really good hot chocolate near my house. I'd hate for someone to pass a law that unintentionally banned them from selling it.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
    In case no one read the article....

This is only for restaurants, so you can still get all the stuff you want at any store.
    oops, thanks for the info. i totally forgot that this was meant for RESTAURANTS. i must have been day dreaming about FOOD again...f*ck me!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_bob View Post
    Jesus Christ.

"It doesn't directly have an impact on me, so I don't care!"

You have to realise that not only is this wrong for them to do, but it also sets a very dangerous precedent for other such laws in the future. The government has no business doing this.

Even though this sort of thing may not affect you right now, it very well may do so down the road if these kinds of laws become a trend.
    I believe all three of us had stated we wouldn't give a shit if this DID impact us. And personally I hope this particular law becomes a trend. umad?

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Yes, woe is us if they keep putting a limit on unhealthy food and drink.

If it was something that was good for people, then I'd be concerned.
    You're missing the point entirely. Or maybe you actually aren't, which would be more disturbing given the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    It probably applies to coffee shops and the like too. There's one with really good hot chocolate near my house. I'd hate for someone to pass a law that unintentionally banned them from selling it.
    No more hot chocolate for you, and no more business for the coffee shop.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    I believe all three of us had stated we wouldn't give a shit if this DID impact us. And personally I hope this particular law becomes a trend. umad?
    I didn't mean this particular law would have such an impact on you, but similar laws in the future could if they remain unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_bob View Post
    No more hot chocolate for you, and no more business for the coffee shop.
    And when you're in a state with bitterly cold winters (usually - I don't know what the hell happened this last winter), hot chocolate is so nice...
    Coming Soon!

And when you're in a state with bitterly cold winters (usually - I don't know what the hell happened this last winter), hot chocolate is so nice...
    Gonna go off topic realy quick and ask if they make your hot chocolate with water or milk.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

America. Freedom.

Nope.

Also, this probably won't pass.

This last winter? You mean the one encompassing January of 2011?

Because we didn't have winter this year. Road construction stopped in preparation, then resumed when they realized winter wasn't happening.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I dont think anyone will lose business if it did pass. They will just focus on getting the formula for diet/sugar free stuff closer to the original.