Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I used to live in Valhalla, now, where my feet lay is my home.

I always play as my own gender. >w<
    No offense, but I couldn't get into a MMO with a male character.

With that said, I think people should always be free to play as whatever gender they prefer.
    You are meant to have fun in games, and character preferences are a big part of that! ^w^

I like cute girls, so I tend to make cute girl characters. My character isn't me, and I don't pretend that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga4523 View Post
    THAT IS AWESOME. I did that on psobb. I made fat female force and she wore purple, and I called her Grimace
    I also do that except mine is not named Grimace lol
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Erm, I don't "play as a girl", but I usually have a predominance of female characters. The reason why is usually one of personification. The character I play is just a collection of statistics, textures, and wire meshes... but I invest a lot of time in raising them and developing those stats. I care about that data.

So just as a guy who invests a lot of time into improving his car or boat will refer to that object as a "she" (She's a fine vessel, or Listen to her engine purr), I also think of those characters, in a way, as "my girls" - especially when I can give a superficial female form to them.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I used to always play male till the GCN version of episodes 1 and 2 then i switched it up because the ladies seemed to have better techs (non force ones) than their male conterparts. I'll prob do another fem too but knowing myself ill have tons of chars eventually both make and female.

I dont. I play a fomarl in a pink dress because thats what i am in real life. haha. a human female force. XD

*removed*

edited the image.

i made a female char once, at level 10 she remained till this day.
    Last edited by Ryna; Jun 19, 2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate image.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Ultra Chicken View Post
    But this all makes me wonder whether transgendered individuals would be considered crossplayers, G.I.R.L.s, or people playing a character of their own gender.
    As far as I'm concerned, transgender individuals are whatever gender they identify with. fMRI and other brain imaging techniques have revealed structures in the brains of transgender people which correlate to the structures found in the brains of the members of the opposite sex. Since you ARE your brain, I see no reason to suspect that they are anything other than what they claim, men trapped in a woman's body or vice versa. Their being lumped into the gay/lesbian movement is rather superficial and draws false parallels between their condition and homosexuality.

Now... hermaphroditic people (such as male/female chimeras), that's the question. Would they be like Schrödinger's Transvestite, existing in a perpetual state of superposition of both and neither G.I.R.L and crossplayer?

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    *removed*

i made a female char once, at level 10 she remained till this day.
    intent isn't magical; it's offensive whether you meant it or not.
    Last edited by Ryna; Jun 19, 2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate image.

Halcoyte: Edited the image. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    This site is full of fruits. It's rather disgusting =/

99.9% of the people in here with female names are actually men. Sadly most of them are over 30 aswell.

Now dont get me wrong I have nothing against playing a female char. But when you go as far as to say "Oh it's a game why should I limit myself? I can be a GIRL here if I want to!" That just shows me your true inner feelings of wanting to be a girl/woman irl. It's down right ***.

Why do you do this? I'm sure there's plenty of reasons which I wont go into right now.

Most of these GROWN ass men who are overweight with a gutt and a beard seem to get this type of "excitement" from playing a cute lil loli girl. It's rather disturbing.

Now I know that ima get hated on for this, but by now everyone on this site should know that I tell it like it is. Not giving a damn who gets offended
    i hope that you're not implying that being lgbt is disgusting...

anyway...

i'm gay but i honestly do not like using female chars, yes they're cute, yes they're adorable, but i don't identify with them.

some guys might enjoy controlling a hot chick, some guys might like "being" that hot chick, free world i guess. -.-

usually when i see a fem char on a game i treat her as a she.

"which ended terribly wrong some times"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post

Now... hermaphroditic people (such as male/female chimeras), that's the question. Would they be like Schrödinger's Transvestite, existing in a perpetual state of superposition of both and neither G.I.R.L and crossplayer?
    good one o.o never saw it that way, thank you.
    Last edited by Gama; Jun 19, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.