Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default whats up with the lack of weapon types?

I'm coming from psp2 infinity where there was like 10-15 weapon types, huge variety. So far I've only seen like 6 or so for this game. Granted open beta is coming tomorrow aand the game is not officily released yet...has all the weapon types been revealed yet? I dont see the having an additional 6 types with no mention up until now...wheres the dual swords..twin daggers..shotguns and dual pistols..I havent played the game yet but the weak weapon variety right now is kinda killing my hype for the game...thoughts?

They're going to roll out more as they go along. That's why the level cap is low right now; if it was a full 200, people would have used all of their SP on useless weapons by the time they introduce new weapons and skills.

More importantly, if they released everything at once, they would make less money in the long run.

Daggers, Knuckles, Twin Sabers, Twin Mechguns and Wands(?) haven't been revealed yet. Expect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludamec View Post
    I'm coming from psp2 infinity where there was like 10-15 weapon types, huge variety. So far I've only seen like 6 or so for this game. Granted open beta is coming tomorrow aand the game is not officily released yet...has all the weapon types been revealed yet? I dont see the having an additional 6 types with no mention up until now...wheres the dual swords..twin daggers..shotguns and dual pistols..I havent played the game yet but the weak weapon variety right now is kinda killing my hype for the game...thoughts?
    Despite the lack of the huge variety of weapons, many could've been done without. I prefer the combo system of PSO2 so far instead of just spamming attacks to get high chains then do major damage with best PA. In this one, you can set up your PAs to help you take out specific foes and combo better. I'm looking forward to when they add more PAs and weapons, since they seem to want to make them satisfying overall.
    I just wouldn't expect dual pistols at all. Twin Daggers, Twin swords and double sabers will likely show up though.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    Daggers, Knuckles, Twin Sabers, Twin Mechguns and Wands(?) haven't been revealed yet. Expect them.
    I just hope Double sabers come back. I want my Carriguine Rucar 3.0

Sakai spoiled us with infinity, though that game was PSU refined and polished from the last 5 years. PSO2 is still in its infant stages looking at the big picture...no choice but to wait and see I guess..

Essentially Infinity is everything we were promised in PSU. Just, uh, four years late.

Yeah it kinda sucks.
    I hope they release new types soon : /

The reason for less weapon variety is likely due to trying to balance the class weapon selection, at least early on.