Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Extra Character Question

If you buy extra character slots, do they get another individual name, or the name you first chose when logging in?

You get to name your character after creating it, so I assume all of them will be able to be named individually.

The name you entered when your first logged on to online isn't your character's name, it's more like your in-game account name that people can use to tie all of your characters to you. Atleast that's how I think that works. When you were joining another player's game you could see that account name in parentheses next to their character name.

Thanks for the answers, Im going to try and snag a famous name, and then ill buy another character slot for my name when the game goes official because you can't buy money during open beta.

Oh, that's another thing... character names cannot be taken.

Wait could you explain what you mean? Are you saying multiple people can be named the same thing?

Yes. It worked the same way in the previous game, Phantasy Star Universe. Characters aren't uniquely identified by their names, but by an underlying ID of some kind. Possibly the account name that you register when you first go online, I'm not quite sure..

Exactly, when you first logged in, that initial name, is basically your Member ID, unique and tied to all chars. Therefore, chars can be named whatever without conflict. So everyone can name their character Cloud, or whatever the JP MMO equivalent is.

Looking for team. And I'm not satisfied with my sig.

Yes, because your character has an ID number to differentiate it from others so anybody can name their characters whatever they want regardless of if someone else is named it.

Edit: Double Ninja'd

Multiple characters can be named the same. But your universal name that's associated with your Sega ID account (which you must enter before you get to create any characters) must be unique.