Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It means that it's checking the memory for anything changed (exploit attempts) and will disconnect/close the game if it notices. I haven't used Windows 8 but this change may interfere with it possibly

@Kion: PSO2JP.ini in main folder. It is encrypted though

Has anyone found a resolution for this problem or are we really required to get windows 7 back?

great...... so that is why I can not play.... and I am not going back to Win7 -.-

I think I'm going to just set up a second partition for it and use it until they resolve the issue through a future update.

Let me explain so people can quote me for future reference:

GameGuard is a VERY sensitive Security Software, and if it picks up something that it cant recognize, then it automatically shuts down the game.
    In this case, it would be Windows 8 itself. Why am I so certain? Long ago, when Win7 was completely new, there was a game that used GameGuard too (dont remember which), and when I tried to boot it up, it always crashed thanks to GameGuard. This happened because Win7 was so new, GameGuard didint recognize it as a proper OS, and out of "safety", it closed the game.
    I'm presently having a very similar problem, I'm using Windows 7 Pro N, and I cant boot it up, thanks to the "N" version, so I might have to end up formating my PC just to play PSO2.
    Saddening, but true.

The thing is gameguard doesn't start at all. The when I hit launch, the computer goes busy for a second and the splash screen just disappears. But going to the task manager the game does run in the background (but i can't alt+tab to it or anything).

My guess seems to be that the file path or something isn't calling gameguard on the the start for the game to initialize. The pre-open beta worked with Windows 8. So I'm more inclined to think that SoJ messed up something with the latest patch.

Not only did the Pre-Open Beta work on Windows 8, Closed Beta did too (I was in that and played the entirety of the CB on a Win 8 PC). Hopefully whatever they changed or did differently was an error of some kind that they recognize and fix, I'm not reformatting to Windows 7 just to play.

I had this problem and all I did was delete the PSO2JP.ini file from the gameguard folder and it fixed the problem. Not sure if this will fix the problem for everyone, but it's worth a shot.

not sure what your problem was, but your lucky that is what fixed it. I just tried it myself for the heck of it and nothing.

I went back to windows 7, so I can't check to see if that works or not.