Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2 Setup problem

Every time i try to click PSO2_SETUP an error message appears. Its mainly just squares and not an error number or anything. I think its associated with my computer's specs. This computer was not ment for gaming.

My computer specs are as follows:
    Windows XP 32bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7250
    1.99 GB of RAM
    About 8GB free HDD space
    Mobil Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    DirectX 9.0
    Fairly reliable connection

I think the problem is the graphics card but i just want to verify if im right.

The minimum system requirements are:
    o Windows XP 32bit
    o Windows Vista / 7 32bit or 64bit
    o Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or higher
    o RAM: Windows XP 1.5GB or higher
    o RAM: Windows Vista / 7 2GB or higher
    o HDD 8GB or higher
    o NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or similar graphics card or higher
    o DirectX 9.0c or higher
    o Broadband connection

If it is the graphics card I would be pleased to have a recommendation for an affordable graphics card. Thank you for you time and knowledge to any and all who can help.

Hmm sounds kind of like my sssue http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196158

I don't think specs would affect INSTALLING the game at all. Both of us are just trying to run setup.exe

Haha, the laptop I'm using has that same shitty integrated graphics chipset too. I have the same problem as well. I'm gonna dick around with the settings and see what I can do.

Yeah i'm really at a loss too. I've re-installed the game several times that doesn't help at all.
    This also happened with the character creator thing that came out a while back with the same error message and that was ment to check if your computer could run PSO2. Thats why I think it would be related to the specs. I'm very computer savvy so I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Boudreau View Post
    Mobil Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Yes. This is why. Intel graphics couldn't render their way out of a paper bag. Also, it says Mobile. Is this a laptop? You cannot install a new graphics card into a laptop.

It is a laptop...*sniff*
    So i would have to buy a new computer to be able to play PSO2?

Thanks for your help now I know what i need and can stop looking though numerous Japanese web sites on what might be the problem. You've been very helpful Mag-X!

No problem.

If you don't know much about PC hardware, check here before you buy or build a new PC. Just because the employees at Worst Buy claim a computer is good for gaming doesn't mean it really is. Also, PSO2 will actually run on pretty low powered computers by modern standers, so you don't really have to pay that much to get something decent.

A laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics can run the game just fine with advanced shaders turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-X View Post
    No problem.

If you don't know much about PC hardware, check here before you buy or build a new PC. Just because the employees at Worst Buy claim a computer is good for gaming doesn't mean it really is. Also, PSO2 will actually run on pretty low powered computers by modern standers, so you don't really have to pay that much to get something decent.

A laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics can run the game just fine with advanced shaders turned off.
    yep, and there are a number of $600 and less laptops with nvidia and radeon chips in them this year, score one of those and you might be able to have addvanced shaders on+^_^+