Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

it adds a little bar in the bottom middle part of your screen that as you fill up gives you bonuses for weapons when it is filled, you can charge PAs for the sword that are chargeable in like a second compared to 7 or 8 seconds with a filled sword gear, and the starting PA for the sword that has you do a front-flip strike gets added shockwaves to it when you use it with a full Gear Gauge...

Partisan gear increases the length of attacks so you can hit more enemies
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalMontage View Post
    Oh I understand that much, but when a comment is buried under more comments that goes to the next page all the time, that's different. A common trend here, but it's expected from a community for a free to play game.
    PSO2 is the first Phantasy Star game to be free to play. :/

This trend is a standard here, and has been for quite some time. Some threads get buried, others don't. No real rhyme or reason.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Weapon gear = allow you to gear up your weapon (max 3 bar) to boost your PA.

It is basically a system from fighting game where you charge up your bar and then spend it to perform a upgrade version of your PA.

Sword = build your gear by keep attacking, and kill monster.
    Partisan = build your gear by guarding (no need to actually guard, just hold it there to charge), and kill monster.
    Wire-Lance = build your gear by ???, and kill monster.

So for any kind of weapon, you always get 1 bar fill up per 1 monster you kill. and there is also another condition to help it filling up. The easiest one is partisan, because you just stand there and press R, then the bar automatically charge up. (however, in real use, it is bad to waste time and stand there to charge. So sword gear may be more useful in real TA. Because you only need to keep attacking.)
    Last edited by Arika; Jun 23, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    (however, in real use, it is bad to waste time and stand there to charge. So sword gear may be more useful in real TA. Because you only need to keep attacking.)
    Idk I saw a really good hunter TA with all weapons against the dragon. His best times were gunslash and wired-lance.
    PSO2
    テレサ Lv65-Hunter Lv49-Fighter Lv60-Ranger Lv40-Braver
    My Youtube Channel / Join the League

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Exile View Post
    Idk I saw a really good hunter TA with all weapons against the dragon. His best times were gunslash and wired-lance.

What I was talking is about how you shouldn't stand there and charge partisan there just to fill his bar. it is waste time and not worth for the boost. So in real TA, that method of fill the bar won't be useful. (but it is just easy that you can charge it up whenever you like.)
    Do you ever seen someone who just got his partisan gear. and he just stand there and charge until full every times before he attack? the time he spend on charging just waste too much.

For general TA, sword won't go on top, because sword skill tree route is stuck into defensive and tank build. But it it still too early to say which is the best. I m thinking about either Partisan (it is on ATK skill route, but problem on the not useful method of charge gear.) or sword (has good gear charge method but bad skill tree).

I really doubt gun-slash and wire-lance though. Were all his weapon at top? Did he just get more hit/stun during play? can you link vid. I wanna check more detail in it.
    Last edited by Arika; Jun 23, 2012 at 01:56 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server