Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Does anyone actually like Coffee's missions?

Rant Alert

I seriously wish I could just punch this stupid NPC in the face. I hate her stupid missions so much. I really think they ruin the game.

It seems like all I've done since level five is work on her stupid missions, and they're really making the game very un-fun. The time limit thing is just cheap and lazy. It doesn't make the missions more fun or exciting. It just makes them extremely frustrating. If you're working on the ones like Dagan Extermination or Subdue Catadran it's difficult to find a group because everyone who's already cleared them has no reason to do them ever again. If you're working on clearing Forest or Volcano Free Field, half the parties have already cleared it, and are in no hurry to finish within the time limit just for you.

Also, no one wants to chat because we're always under that stupid time limit. I've only had one decent conversation in the game so far, and that's because we were waiting forever for one of the other party members to go talk to other NPCs to finish their stupid useless quests.

I feel like I never get to just enjoy the game because I'm always having to choose between rushing the levels to finish, or be stuck with the same levels forever.

Coffee's quests aren't fun. They're work.

If you don't complete = no new map for you.

I do, actually gives reason to play with others. Or in other words, it encourages people to join my open games =p

No one is forcing you to wait for them, even in a solo party with NPC's I'll just kill enough mobs to make sure I get an S ranking and run right past everything else to get to the portal to have extra time.

If you kill the boss before your party even makes it to the boss map, no loot for them *shrug*

The NPC's have better PP management than most players anyway, sometimes it seems like they have infinite PP, which I suppose is entirely possible lol
    Last edited by ShadowsCrush; Jun 24, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

actually I liked the time trials. trying to figure out the minimum amount of effort possible to finish a mission while still getting an S rank was fun. it was a good challenge added to an otherwise easy game.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

I havent had much trouble with them yet. I use npc teammates and they follow me around. I find the two force girls are better trash killers than the men, and i like xeno as a third. He isnt very good normally but during big fights he tends to use his bi mag summon thing to speed things up.

Though i DID get cheesed during a cave stage. I was under a time limit, and i got an emergency code elimination... In caves it literally walls off the way forward untiil you clear it. But the catch is 3 out of 4 enemy spawnpoints were on the wrong side of the wall, so i couldnt kill them. Id have to kill one, run back to the start so they despawn, run back to the wall, respawn, repeat 12 times. It ate up 8 minutes, lame.

Worst of all though is e-5. I got that quest at level 6 or 7/1/1 And now im 14/9/1, and i still havent finished. Plus im sure id be more like 20 if i wasnt stuck on it, since doing a level 5 dungeon over and over tends to be slow leveling after 10+

I do agree that some of the time limits are annoying. And I feel you on the fact that most of the beta testers aren't actually here to play or test the game. I actually missed out on completing/starting the city test in time because the person we were waiting on to join the party decided to go to the shopping district to sell items (even though you can do that after your in the party in the drop zone area). Then after I told her to hurry the #@$* up, she went all menopause on me. Seriously? You're not here to dance in the lobby, you're here to play the game. But maybe I'm nitpicking. Do what you want, but this isn't even a completed game yet.
    check out my music @ http://vonhalford.com

Absolutely love them. Glad they have them in the game. Then again my opinion may be a bit biased as I was an avid Time Attacker in PSU as my signature may suggest. :P
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Yes and no. Its good to have objectives in any game but I think these are little heavy.

Having to S Rank various missions AND have time limits AND collect items just so you can progress through the game just seems too much to me.

It would be better (I think) if it was am optional mode and perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if the game wasn't as laggy as it is at the. moment.

This (and the lag) is taking some of the sparkle out of an otherwise fantastic game.

Skilled Fighter

I like time attack.

Koffee's time limits are completely reasonable and soloable.

Soloing is easier than parties unless you're premade with a group of people that are all going the same way.