Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

That I can't seem to figure out how to send a Good Job to a member of another party after the conclusion of a multi-party mission. They were good players, I don't see them in the lobby after the mission concludes... but they deserve the props.

Quote Originally Posted by probably View Post
    -The lack of meseta auto pick-up ala Diablo 3
    -Also, massive imbalance between rangers and other classes

As a hunter, I have to take way more risks getting up close to a monster, and also spend way more time dodging and blocking, yet rangers still out DPS me by like 2-3x. My ranger friends regularly hit boss weak points for like 1.6-2k while I only hit them for maybe 900 over several hits, and that's assuming the boss isn't running around all over the place, so I can actually hit it for more than half a second at a time.

Game just seems too skewed VS melee right now. Risk/reward ratio is totally off.
    All I can say to this really is welcome to the PSO series, PSU series is a diff series all together its more of a spinoff. But in pso-bb pso ep 1-2 rangers always were kings. Was the same in the psp games too. My ranger is lv 12 or 13 and I can usually finish missions never taking a hit.

On the weapon issue, last I remember pso ep1/2 had way more weap variety than pso2 does at its release. As well as most classes can use almost any weapon unless it was locked to a class type. Which in pso was semi-rare. I mean if I wanna be a force using wired lance for some wacked reason I'd like to be able to do so. Its something I miss in pso2.. Had a melee fomarl in pso-bb and it was tons of fun. Then again PSO2 seems to have taken from psu where most of your force attack comes from the weapon, least at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    +^_^+ "the game is in japanese"
    I thought this was a plus? Adds challenge for me, and I like that it makes me work more to figure out the game and do things for myself.

As a Ranger:
    Launchers are OP. I don't care what you say about rifles, the only time I use them is for single targets that move a lot. I have +9s of Albarifle/Albalauncher which should be equivalent tier, the damage potential is not there even when the rifle has an elemental advantage.

PAs are poorly balanced.

Divine Launcher >>>>> everything other than a Weak Bullet + Sneak Shot combo. And Weak Bullet + Divine Launcher hits harder. None of the other launcher skills are worth using other than Zero Distance for the knockdown (and awesomeness)

Of the Rifle PAs I only really use One Point and Diffuse Shot as the rest have extremely poor damage scaling. One Point outshines Sneak Shot in its ability to apply elemental effects like Burn which tick based on max HP.

I also want to be able to target lock from the over-shoulder mode. Make the target reticules show up in over-shoulder mode, hit target lock, go to target lock mode. But no, I have to jump towards that jittery flying orb thing with a swarm of mobs around me, squint to hopefully target the damn thing, then autolock.

So Many Menus... I get that this game franchise is historically console-friendly, but it's not being released on a console. I'm assuming the Vita version uses a custom-designed UI. Why can't I chat while in the menu forest? Why do Japanese seem super-obsessed with menus?

Skill tree resets requiring real money. The first reset should be free per account, so at least you can reverse newbie mistakes and learn your lesson.

Dumbing down of the game system - I don't know why they didn't recycle more PSU assets for PA animations. It is nice you can attach a bunch of PAs to each weapon though, but I don't feel it makes up for slashing the weapon/PA variety in half.

Targeted field technics need a ground reticule to display to the player where it will land. I have difficulty aiming at a specific spot on the ground with my launcher, I can't really imagine how much fun it is to heal like that.

Those consoles that make you mash a button for 10s+ have to go. My E key is seriously going to be broken and I like being able to type my Es.

Also the Avoid code is stupid and should be only 1 minute if it exists at all.
    Last edited by JeyKama; Jun 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightingale- View Post
    That I can't seem to figure out how to send a Good Job to a member of another party after the conclusion of a multi-party mission. They were good players, I don't see them in the lobby after the mission concludes... but they deserve the props.

Click party list, select character, select "send good job".
    Select "character list", click player name, click "send good job"

You also could search for them via visiphone, then send good job that way.

1. Characters confined to one ship.

I feel like this kind of ruins the value of the chars indirectly. Because you can only pay AC to transfer them to another ship, I have this problem if the majority of English players are spending one different ship while I spend with my friends in a less populated one. I can't even invite friends easily enough because I'm still unsure which ship they'd want to belong.

And as well the higher levels and rares I've obtained, it's kind of disappointing to see that the ships puts a divide on the wealth of your gameplay. Don't get me started on the details if my friends main on a different ship than the one I'm currently settled. Maybe I'll have less of a problem if I know how to pay AC to transfer, but this doesn't seem suitable to pay money for.

2. ...

I forgot... I guess I didn't keep in mind what else was bothering me... but it was something. Don't really care much about the trivial problems, the game is pretty fun overall and I haven't really thought much about the things that disturbed me.

# Spi Jirachi, Daylight Scar @ Ship 2 / Block 20-23 #
    # PSO2 Rappies Guild #

(decided to stop lurking, and make an account!)

The fact I can't read most of the text bugs me. But its worth it, I love PSO!

Other than that, I wish I could adjust the time sensitivity on the Dash (W+W=Dash). Its irritating when I try to strafe left, and end up double-tapping 'A' and go through a dash animation (techer makes it worse ). I wish I could simply adjust the timer to something nearly instant. So if I want to dash, I can just double-tap quickly, and I dont have to worry too much about accidently dashing.
    But for all I know, there could be an option for this, lol.

those of you complaining about camera.... play on Keyboard and mouse... "poof" there goes you problem!

I'm not really seeing a lot of legitimate complaints. I will have to agree there has been a bit of monotony due to the mission structure of the game, but it's only Beta. they REALLY need to add more missions.
    PSO 2 Hunter - Alreun SHIP 10 Thats right! SHIP 10!

meseta drops from bosses, it should be atleast 500 meseta imo. most bosses drop less then 100.

myroom, i got most issues with my room, things that dont stick to walls, unable to hang wall items at the side of the exit door (but also on enlarged rooms that dont even have a exit door there.

dolls and certain items placed ontop of other items automaticaly turn when u leave and come back.

it would be nice to see multi party members as tiny dots on the map. so that sticking around is more easy to do

I don't have any complaints other than lag sometimes and that I wished I studied up more on kanji...but this game is really motivating me to study harder so I will study so I can read the game better!!