Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

The idea is to have ability III stat III and soul so instead of +60 total you get +75.

An extra 15 is an extra 15. Not worth it imo, but if you're a min-maxer like some people that extra ~1% damage is a big deal.

and yes, any affix that fails means you lose a slot so if 1 fails your 3 slot becomes a 2, if two fail your 3 slot becomes a 1 and if all 3 fail you go back to 0. so you want to minimize this risk as best you can.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 21, 2014 at 12:46 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

OK, and last question... If ur main weapon doenst have Soul yet... U will always have the risk u have to take with 50%, if u r not using % boosters, if u want to put a soul to ur main weap.

souls are 50% if you don't have soul on your main. souls are 80% if you have soul on your main and both your junk items.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Du1337 View Post

BUT what I am wondering is:
    - Do u take your chances by trying to add the high slot or the extra slot with like just 40% and maybe put a chance raises on it

OR

- Do u start to make your Junk with the prefered slots first to raise the final chances when putting them on the main weapon?
    If I understand you correctly, it's almost ALWAYS better to get to your preferred numbered of slots first (if it isn't already) on your main weapon before you do any actual affixing. That way you don't get penalized, for adding an extra slot (meaning your chances will not get reduced a lot).

For example:

If my main weapon is 2-Slots with [Junk/Junk] and I want to 4-Slot it with [QuartzSoul/PowerIII/AbilityIII/PowerBoost], then the FIRST thing I would want do is to get my main weapon to 4-slots with [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk].

Now that my main weapon is [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk], NOW I can start trying to add Quartz Soul or Power III, etc. onto my main weapon.

ALWAYS GET TO THE NUMBER OF SLOTS YOU WANT FOR YOUR MAIN WEAPON FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANY AFFIXING; the chances are higher this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    If I understand you correctly, it's almost ALWAYS better to get to your preferred numbered of slots first (if it isn't already) on your main weapon before you do any actual affixing. That way you don't get penalized, for adding an extra slot (meaning your chances will not get reduced a lot).

For example:

If my main weapon is 2-Slots with [Junk/Junk] and I want to 4-Slot it with [QuartzSoul/PowerIII/AbilityIII/PowerBoost], then the FIRST thing I would want do is to get my main weapon to 4-slots with [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk].

Now that my main weapon is [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk], NOW I can start trying to add Quartz Soul or Power III, etc. onto my main weapon.

ALWAYS GET TO THE NUMBER OF SLOTS YOU WANT FOR YOUR MAIN WEAPON FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANY AFFIXING; the chances are higher this way.
    good question... Those are the things that make doubt if I am doing affixing like it should be...
    If you should go for the ammount of slots first, try to add them with stat I. Those have the highest % of succes.

And I found this: http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/
    Pretty helpful
    Last edited by Du1337; Mar 21, 2014 at 03:06 PM.

Just a quick question.

In order to affix this 11 star katana I have (with 4 slots), should I find just any random 4 weapons with the abilities I want and then be able to add them on? Or do I have to find 11 star fodder to affix?

Quote Originally Posted by manthisis View Post
    Just a quick question.

In order to affix this 11 star katana I have (with 4 slots), should I find just any random 4 weapons with the abilities I want and then be able to add them on? Or do I have to find 11 star fodder to affix?
    Any weapon is fine.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseSeraf View Post
    Any weapon is fine.
    Alright, cool. For example, if I wanted to affix a Boulay arl with Power III, Power Boost, Ability III, Quartz Soul, and Spirita Boost, I would just get a Boulay and find 5 weapons, each with one of the abilities I mentioned, and just add them on? Or does the Boulay have to have 5 slots initially to be able to transfer 5 abilities onto it?

Quote Originally Posted by manthisis View Post
    Alright, cool. For example, if I wanted to affix a Boulay arl with Power III, Power Boost, Ability III, Quartz Soul, and Spirita Boost, I would just get a Boulay and find 5 weapons, each with one of the abilities I mentioned, and just add them on? Or does the Boulay have to have 5 slots initially to be able to transfer 5 abilities onto it?
    You gotta get a 4 Slot or 5 Slot Boulay. If you have 4 Slots and add 5 Affixes, there will be a penalty.

The fodder needs to have at least the same amount of slots your target weapon (Boulay) has.

Multiple affixes of the same type increase success chances, Souls need a minimum of two items with the Soul on it to be transferred anyway, or 1x Soul + 1x Soul Receptor, which may be cheaper (Receptor sets the chance for the Soul to 100%).

You can only have either Power or Spirita boost and they're seperate items you add.

105atk with this set up...
    i think i will be able to affix 130 atk with tech boost if it was 6s

The way to affix...well quite complicated but what can i do...
    Spoiler!