Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
    Dark Ragne drops items with Ragne Soul, which is a Soul affix with 30 tech power/20 hp, pretty damn awesome for forces I'd say. HM City is some of the highest level stuff in the game, so you are likely to see the more rare drop affixes like Mutation or Ability.

Ability transfers fine, and Ragne Soul only has 2 stats, so I'm guessing it was Mutation1? +10 to a bunch of stats, but I think you need 3 of them to unlock it.
    I have some items that give these stats +30 power(Hunter,Ranger,Force) and 20HP that should be the Ragne soul you talk about.

But I also got something like for example
    +10Hunterpower
    +10Rangerpower
    +10Forcepower
    +2PP
    +20HP

or

+10Hunterpower
    +10Rangerpower
    +10Forcepower
    +40HP

I don't really know much about Souls or Mutations. Is there a Soul affix for all bosses and Mutation as a rare affix or something?
    ::Ship 02::
    ID: Kill5link

Classes: Hunterlv.5|Rangerlv.30|Forcelv.6

There is a soul affix for all available bosses, and a few mobs (albeit quite rarely).

The affixes you listed for sure are combos of Mutation1 (the 3xpower+10hp)+some other affix. Check out the affix list linked in the beginning of the guide, which should help you figure stuff out.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Can i take two weapons with Poison 2 on them and add it to a weapon that doesn't have poison making it Poison 4? Or is it just transferred from weapon to weapon and i need to find a Poison 4-5?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSecretSpy View Post
    Can i take two weapons with Poison 2 on them and add it to a weapon that doesn't have poison making it Poison 4? Or is it just transferred from weapon to weapon and i need to find a Poison 4-5?
    two poison 2 makes poison 3

ahh i see looks like im going to need to save alot of money hehe

Was not joking when I said it'd be expensive, heh.

Yea i wasted 90K today doing this >_>

I have two questions before I do something wrong. <_<

1) if I have a weapon with, say, Technic I, can I upgrade the affix on the same weapon, and get it to II?

2) if I fail the transfer on a weapon that has already an atribute, do I lose the other attributes? For example I have a rod with Ragne Soul and I wanna add Technic II to it, but it fails. Would it lose also the Ragne Soul?

Ok, huge news. I've found a use for the Mutation affix (other than it being a pretty good affix all on its own.

Its use in transferring is that it BUFFS UPRANKING SUCCESS.

A single affix uprank with a Mutation 1 included, increases upranking to 60%. SIXTY.

For example...

Shoot2 + Shoot2 = Shoot3 @ 30% chance.
    Shoot2 + Shoot2 + Mutation1 = Shoot3 @ 60% chance.

Burn2 + Burn2 = Burn 3 @ 20%
    Burn2 + Burn2 + Mutation1 = Burn3 @ 60%

Shoot1 + Shoot1 = Shoot2 @ 60%
    Shoot1 + Shoot1 + Mutation1 = Shoot2 @ 60%

btw, Poison3 + Poison3 = Poison4 @ 20%. Mutation1 does not seem to increase its success rate, so going from rank 2->3 seems to be its main use. Higher ranks of mutation perhaps? Mutation1 itself doesn't seem able to be upranked, and Mutation2 doesn't look like a drop yet, so who knows.

It won't help you with direct transfers (like souls or non-upranks)

Mutation1 only works on SINGLE AFFIX gear. It does not seem to benefit upranking at all on 2+ affix gear, but at least it has nice stats.
    Last edited by JeyKama; Jul 1, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    I have two questions before I do something wrong. <_<

1) if I have a weapon with, say, Technic I, can I upgrade the affix on the same weapon, and get it to II?
    Yes, easily. Just throw another weapon with Technic I or higher at it.

2) if I fail the transfer on a weapon that has already an atribute, do I lose the other attributes? For example I have a rod with Ragne Soul and I wanna add Technic II to it, but it fails. Would it lose also the Ragne Soul?
    When you hit the confirm button, it does a complete reroll of all the affixes you want to put onto it. So assuming you have two weapons with Ragne Soul (you need 2 to transfer it/make it stay) and a Technic2 weapon...

Ragne Soul: 50% chance to keep it with only 2 in the pool
    Technic 2: 60% chance for being a rank 2 stat affix

Since you are unlocking the Extra Slot, slash both of those by 25%

You end up with a 37% chance to keep Ragne Soul and 45% chance to gain Tech2

16.7% chance to keep both, 34.7% chance to lose everything, and a 48.6% chance to only gain 1 of the 2 affixes. (oops 8am math)
    Last edited by JeyKama; Jul 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM.