Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I found it for 124k on the AH >..>
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Boxed

i heard if u do S rank maps a certain times with a npc (probably the force quest giver?) you will be rewarded skills if u select the first option? something like 5-10-20-30 times? is this true and what skills do u get from it? maybe thats where gigrants come from

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    So don't think of forces as anything equivalent to a hunter or rangers, forces are long range, wide area damage dealers. And if a single hit started doing more, then forces would be over powered.
    Are you sure you're in the right thread? This is about tips for increasing Force Damage, not whether or not Forces are balanced for single target damage alongside the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemhy View Post
    Where did you find that Disc? o_O
    It's also a gift from Maloo if you have her friendship maxed out and have received Grantz from her already.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbeel View Post
    Are you sure you're in the right thread? This is about tips for increasing Force Damage, not whether or not Forces are balanced for single target damage alongside the other classes.
    Of course I'm in the right thread. I was putting a base line on the kind of damage you should expect as a force. Also compare the basic class to the basic abilities of the other classes, including how long it takes to charge, and damage per hit. Most of these questions occur because the original askers expect different things.
    I was also pointing out the very important thing of how most techniques are able to hit multiple enemies with no artificial limit on them that I've been able to see so far. The major limiting factor on techniques are the range and/or area of effect. So I've been able to get some of the more advanced techs to do much more damage just by hitting more enemies. Well, not even the more advanced techs, just basic foie can cause impressive damage just by making sure that other enemies get glanced by the tech. So, the most effective way for increasing damage as a force is to make sure you hit multiple enemies. If your force is capable of hitting for 300 damage for a single enemy, then hitting 5 will easily push your damage per hit up to 1500 damage, with no extra pp being spent for that.

Of course, if you want the boring answer. Level up, find higher level tech disks, put more into your tech attack on your mag, and if you want, try to use just attack. Maybe there are some units out there which increase your tech attack too.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Jun 25, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

Upgrade your weapons and mag, lol.

I have updated my weapon, started feeding my mag for straight up T-attack, went on the AH and bought the highest rank of spells I could learn/afford(4 usually) and I also went and did the affection-grind for Grants. Working on Gigrants at the moment.

I have a few more questions now, though.

Wind Elemental gear. What's up with that? Are there wind techs eventually?

Any quick ways to get any of the support techs(anti, shifta, deband, jellen, zalure, ryuker, reverser) through client orders or affection?

Edit: And do techs need to be cast through the mouse hotkeys while holding a force weapon to get the force weapon's bonuses or t-attack? Or is the 1-0 hotbar okay?

Edit 2: Non-force-related-question. Are those floating flash-drive things that trigger a cutscene important for anything? Should I be clicking them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    Of course, if you want the boring answer. Level up, find higher level tech disks, put more into your tech attack on your mag, and if you want, try to use just attack. Maybe there are some units out there which increase your tech attack too.
    Is there a Just Attack for techs? Or were you just referring to weapon attacking, because I already do that. Just Attacks are really easy with cards, so I see no reason not to.
    Last edited by Abbeel; Jun 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM.

I have updated my weapon, started feeding my mag for straight up T-attack, went on the AH and bought the highest rank of spells I could learn/afford(4 usually) and I also went and did the affection-grind for Grants. Working on Gigrants at the moment.

I have a few more questions now, though.

Wind Elemental gear. What's up with that? Are there wind techs eventually?

Any quick ways to get any of the support techs(anti, shifta, deband, jellen, zalure, ryuker, reverser) through client orders or affection?

Edit: And do techs need to be cast through the mouse hotkeys while holding a force weapon to get the force weapon's bonuses or t-attack? Or is the 1-0 hotbar okay?

Is there a Just Attack for techs? Or were you just referring to weapon attacking, because I already do that. Just Attacks are really easy with cards, so I see no reason not to.

Hot key in the mouse for the weapon bonus. Hotbar is casting it from yourself, if you attach it to your weapon (hotkey it to your mouse) then you are casting it through your weapon.

And yes Just Attacks are for techs too. You do it exactly the same as with any other weapon. Also don't forget to charge your techs.

And there should eventually be wind techs as there is the wind element instead of earth.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    Hot key in the mouse for the weapon bonus. Hotbar is casting it from yourself, if you attach it to your weapon (hotkey it to your mouse) then you are casting it through your weapon.

And yes Just Attacks are for techs too. You do it exactly the same as with any other weapon. Also don't forget to charge your techs.

And there should eventually be wind techs as there is the wind element instead of earth.
    If you have a force weapon equipped and cast through the 1-0 hotkey bar, it still fires through the weapon. However, idk if you get the weapon's power added to the tech still.

Also there are no dark techs yet either so I'm sure wind and dark will be added in a future update. Maybe even more Fire and Ice, etc.

I got my anti from Echo, shifta and deband should also come from affection too, but I haven't been using my NPCs as much as I should.

This works the same with techs. So if you attack and at the right time start casting, or cast once and at the right time cast the next tech, then the just attack will apply to the tech and boost damage slightly.

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier too, shifta actually applies to tech attack in this game in addition to physical attack and ranged attack. So try shifta (there is an item that gives this, or use one of the force NPCs.)