Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3340414243444546 ... LastLast

You're good at 44tdef(its required to wear the best unit).

If you wanna equip the Gramasciento, keep raising your tatk until your base is at 494.

My mag is 85 12 48.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    You're good at 44tdef(its required to wear the best unit).

If you wanna equip the Gramasciento, keep raising your tatk until your base is at 494.

My mag is 85 12 48.
    oh thanks! i can just spam t-atk from now on. makes things easier @_@

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    Considering I have maxed out Tech Charge Advance 1, which will give me more damage - maxed out Tech Charge Advance 2 or Tech JA Advance? I always JA my techs (I even go ahead and swing with my rod before casting sometimes, that's how much I love JAing) so if Tech JA Advance would get me more then I would go asap to the bolt branch till I can.
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/for...OI22SIxfbnbnIk - this is the tree I want to go generally for when the level cap gets extended so for now I want to maximise my damage.
    I was thinking about using a similar build, but I was curious about how Tech JA Advance gets calculated. Does anyone know if it is additive or multiplicative with the 20% you get from Tech Charge Advance?
    Forever after the immortal beloved...

As far I know that tree jooozek linked is the strongest you can get as FO without the techer subclass tree.

I don't know if you Force realize this (especially Ice lovers), SEGA upgraded Gi-Barta to a point it's quite wide AoE (90' probably) and reach quite far than before (same range as HU's Speed Rain). This is for me a big plus and now I love using this spell besides Barta alone.

Would be thinking on how to make full fledged Ice Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvirtual View Post
    I don't know if you Force realize this (especially Ice lovers), SEGA upgraded Gi-Barta to a point it's quite wide AoE (90' probably) and reach quite far than before (same range as HU's Speed Rain). This is for me a big plus and now I love using this spell besides Barta alone.

Would be thinking on how to make full fledged Ice Force.
    this is my ice force build: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...OI2kbI2dsJIcA6

points in ignition since i solo more often than not, and i can't afford a reset/second tree. still thinking about how to pair up my TE subjob but i think i'll wait until the subjobs actually come out before i go crazy over it.

(assuming this is ok to bump since its supposed to be main force talk which kinda leaked into techer thread >_>)

So is force pretty much forced to specialize in a certain element or be gimped? Also, is fire THAT much better than the rest? Every force I see is either spamming foie/rafoi, or some kind of zonde spell. I dont remember the last time I saw a barta.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Fire isn't all that great anymore - fire techs didn't get buffed along with the rest back when 11+ disks came out, so lightning is a bit better now. Also, lightning offers better coverage than fire, with most of the stronger enemies being weak to it instead of fire. Fire is still above average, but you should be seeing Zonde, Zondeel and Zan spammers a lot more often than Foie/Rafoie ones these days. Ice techs are still largely useless, though, and so is their skill branch, so it's unsurprising that barely anybody uses those.

And Force is still supposed to get Charge PP Revival and both Charge Tech Advance skills. Those skills are really, really good.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Dec 21, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Fire isn't all that great anymore - fire techs didn't get buffed along with the rest back when 11+ disks came out, so lightning is a bit better now. Fire is still above average, but you should be seeing Zonde, Zondeel and Zan spammers a lot more often than Foie/Rafoie ones these days. Ice techs are still largely useless, though, and so is their skill branch, so it's unsurprising that barely anybody uses those.

And Force is still supposed to get Charge PP Revival and both Charge Tech Advance skills. Those skills are really, really good.
    Yea I noticed the ice tree looked...lackluster, which is sad because I wanted an ice force.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

I've tested all of the spell types, and fire is still at the top when you factor in dps and practicality. Safoie is pretty close to the dps of ramegid or zan fully hitting a target twice. Dark spells can do some serious damage, but are awkward to use properly, like samegid and ramegid. Zan is the only wind spell worth mentioning for dps purposes, and although the other wind spells are great utility, you get all of their usefulness regardless of how you spec. Lightning spells are still pretty weak, with gizonde doing about half the damage of gigrants, and the others being a bit clunky like razonde needing awkward positioning or zonde not locking onto a target (zondeel is amazing for cc, but the force tree only slightly improves it with 5-10 less pp cost). Barta spells are more for locking targets in place than dealing damage, although gibarta now has higher dps than gigrants. Sabarta takes forever to cast but can hold annoying enemies in place. The main downside to fire is the pp drain, but you can get enough regen in the techer tree to make it work as well as max dark or light spell talents once we can reach lvl 60.

There is a reason to spec lightning or ice though if you want to build a hybrid, like Ra/Fo or Fo/Ra, because pp costs matter more without the boosts from techer, and if you are holding a rifle all the time to cycle your weak bullets, photon flare would actually make a noticeable difference in spell damage. In the end though, you can do whatever you want and it won't stop you from doing any content. I personally enjoyed the hybrid setups because using weak bullet has been the most satisfying part of combat I've come across. You do close to the same damage as you would as Fo/Te, but everyone else gets to do crazy damage on every large target.
    Forever after the immortal beloved...