Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

I'm not overly concerned about it since most of the talents honestly aren't that good. Then again, I've been a huge fan of the grants line of spells since PSO and most of the talents don't do much for light/dark based spells. I'm betting light/dark/wind talents are being saved for advanced classes later on down the road.

Yes... there is also the possibility that they might expand the tech tree

We really don't know what the future might hold

I'm going for photon flare I'll let you know what it's like when I get there. Otherwise if I had spare points from going in this direction I might take more tech attach up just so that everything including light dark and wind techs will be more powerfully no matter what.
    PSO2 Ramen Force Newman Male
    Ship 10
    Block 20

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    Ah, but you have made an oversight: how, pray tell, do you spend the surplus of PP generated during your mag's Photon Burst? Without Flame Tech S Charge, you are bound to waste the tail end of it sitting pretty with a full PP bar.

Make no mistake, I agree that PP efficiency is key in maximizing Force's damage output; it is for this reason that every Force grabs PP Revival and Bolt Tech PP Save. However, even these two abilities ignore the lesser half of the puzzle: they don't have a PP dump during high-generation scenarios. It is only through Flame Tech S Charge that you can finally address this failing.

I encourage you to both plan beyond the Level 30 cap, and investigate exactly how potent Charge Tech Advance really is. I am led to believe that there are better ways to spend your SP...
    Its a waste of points for a photon blast really. Even if you got it just for that sole purpose after its done you're back in the same situation. To be honest,if you look at it past 30 you're damage numbers are just going to get higher and higher make the % charge boost higher.

I also imagine that gear down the road will have more PP on it making the Bolt Tech PP Save less and less useful. Or you simply could dump into the PP talent to get 50 more PP which can be used all around. You have to factor in that Resta cost 30 or so as well its not cheap.

It seems most people are not factoring in the Wind and Dark tree that are not release as well as Light Magic. GiGrants is amazing and grants at level 1 does really good damage. You can stick with one element and level up the mastery since they are no weaknesses but why not have strong magic all around? It just seems boring to stay with Lightning because its the cheapest. You'll also probably end up doing more going all around.

If you stick to weaknesses this is very true since they do more damage.

For all we know Wind Magic could be the strongest like Earth was in PSU. It be more worth while to plan for that then to place all your tokens on Lightning.

I think people going for the lightning tree are placing all there coins into one basket. It seems if you go that tree you're setting yourself up to simply use Lightning always. I think its better to use the correct element on boss fights it seems. Especially like Vol Dragon where you can freeze his feet for example.

I guess in the end it wont matter you'll do fine with whatever way you go. You could go in with no Talents and S rank everything under the right time-limits with a team still.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorian View Post
    Its a waste of points for a photon blast really. Even if you got it just for that sole purpose after its done you're back in the same situation. To be honest,if you look at it past 30 you're damage numbers are just going to get higher and higher make the % charge boost higher.

I also imagine that gear down the road will have more PP on it making the Bolt Tech PP Save less and less useful. Or you simply could dump into the PP talent to get 50 more PP which can be used all around. You have to factor in that Resta cost 30 or so as well its not cheap.

It seems most people are not factoring in the Wind and Dark tree that are not release as well as Light Magic. GiGrants is amazing and grants at level 1 does really good damage. You can stick with one element and level up the mastery since they are no weaknesses but why not have strong magic all around? It just seems boring to stay with Lightning because its the cheapest. You'll also probably end up doing more going all around.

If you stick to weaknesses this is very true since they do more damage.

For all we know Wind Magic could be the strongest like Earth was in PSU. It be more worth while to plan for that then to place all your tokens on Lightning.

I think people going for the lightning tree are placing all there coins into one basket. It seems if you go that tree you're setting yourself up to simply use Lightning always. I think its better to use the correct element on boss fights it seems. Especially like Vol Dragon where you can freeze his feet for example.

I guess in the end it wont matter you'll do fine with whatever way you go. You could go in with no Talents and S rank everything under the right time-limits with a team still.

I'm planning for after the open beta, so I've mad the decision to put 5 into Barta, and Zonde, and I'm going to make T-Atk Up get to 5 cause its currently at 3.

But in the long run I plan to get charged teck, pp up, and just try to increase overall damage while still being able to use multiple kinds of techs to take down all the different bosses easier.

IMO I love the Force in this game.

Ya I wish the talent trees were like they were in closed and more broad at the start and then you specialized deeper into the tree. Now you need to specialize and then get whatever is inside the tree currently. Some of which doesn't make any sense.

Photon Flare in the Ice tree? Really?

My only gripe with force right now is normal techs are worthless. You need to charge to make it worthwhile. I dont really even see the point of normal techs. I guess you could combo a spell from a Just Attack but it doesn't seem that worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorian View Post
    Photon Flare in the Ice tree? Really?
    Well, a Photon Flare'd Freeze Ignition would probably hit for 2k+. And then leave you time to nuke the living daylights out of anything still standing with Gigrants.
    Coming Soon!

Yeah I dont understand the reasoning behind making normal techs worthless.

Isn't there something in the Zonde tree that can increase normal techs damage? But then again how much can it really benefit when it costs the same as a charge tek lol.

I still havent found Grants, Shifta, and Deband.

I'm a FOmar...could that be the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Memorex View Post
    Yeah I dont understand the reasoning behind making normal techs worthless.

Isn't there something in the Zonde tree that can increase normal techs damage? But then again how much can it really benefit when it costs the same as a charge tek lol.

I still havent found Grants, Shifta, and Deband.

I'm a FOmar...could that be the reason?
    Grants can be gotten from NPC gifts, as can Shifta and Deband. Deband is a VERY rare drop, Shifta is presumably the same.
    Coming Soon!

I was jus readin that Maloo gives you Grants & GiGrants, any word on which NPC gives you Shifta or Deband?