Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Echo gives you Deband and Shifta you need to do about 35-40 runs with her. GiGrants is amazing.

I was going to go with Photon Flare, but I decided against it and went with..

Flame Tech Charge, PP Revival, one point in Barta and Zonde to get that 5% to get the most mileage out of my SP, and the rest will go in Charge Tech Adv.

Photon Flare raises "force law" temporarily by 200, T-ATK up at level 10 raises force law by 50. So going with a percentage is much better in the long run than a base stat, unless they fix Photon Flare later to keep it strong, one day it could become very very weak.

But yes, Flame Tech Charge is nice, I get lots of Rafoies out fast, and with my photon blast (which fills up super fast) I can cast nonstop for it's duration. When the level cap is raised however, I want to go into Zonde then get PP save. A nice tactic I like to use consists of ZaZonde to make the enemy more susceptible to zonde and causes damage over time when hit, hit them with zonde, then unload with rafoie, if I burn them it's even better

Freezies is enjoying the Barta tree. I thought about building into Foie for the sake of the extra PP, but it seems silly to split your points into two trees. I don't know quite yet how I'll spend all the points, but I plan to stay within the Barta tree and find that frost staff! I do have a problem with freeze ignition in that it takes a second or two to activate and your party and can tear through the ice before you can blow them up. It was fun doing a 700 blast to a weak point though.
    Freezies proudly sporting his Fomar hat.

Is it possible to respec at this point? Or will I have to wait for Sega to let us buy it from the item mall?

Quote Originally Posted by Ueno54 View Post
    Is it possible to respec at this point? Or will I have to wait for Sega to let us buy it from the item mall?
    Ya gotta wait I'm afraid.

So, here's a theory, see what you guys think. I enjoy unloading my PP, and then smashing stuff with my staff. I don't want to tech constantly like the vast majority of you guys, but I do like to tech.

Since this is true for me, would it be a decent idea to dedicate myself to the fire tree? Seems like it meets my needs pretty well. I'll get to unload my PP faster thanks to Flame Charge S, even though I get to throw out a few more techs each unload thanks to PP Charge Revival. At this point, I get to smash stuff to get my PP back up to full, and then I repeat the process.

Maybe a few mathematicians can help me out here. Would my damage be comparable to someone who goes with Charge PP Revival and Bolt Tech PP Save? It doesn't take too long to get my PP back up to full since I like to stay in close proximity to the enemies, plus, staff damage doesn't seem to be horrible, so I'm still adding to the DPS even when I'm out of PP.

Staff damage is actually fairly good...
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Staff damage is actually fairly good...
    Yeah its pretty crazy, I have a +9 4 star staff and I'm doing 100+ on most enmies with strong attacks.

Major difference from the original pso.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorex View Post
    Yeah its pretty crazy, I have a +9 4 star staff and I'm doing 100+ on most enmies with strong attacks.

Major difference from the original pso.
    I have that staff at +10, and it gives me more striking power than my gunblade.

It's not that surprising - rods were actually decently strong in power in PSO, they just had utter crap for an attack animation.
    Coming Soon!

So yeah, sounds like a good idea then. I tend to like lightening as an element better in general, but it looks like the better Battle Force build is to go with the fire tree.

EDIT: Also, calling this for the future. That hunter skill that increases PP regeneration when you are striking would be awesome on a battle force. That, along with the skills that increase striking power would be idea for a Force/Hunter (or Wartecher depending on how they do the classes). Combine all this with the fact that we have support techs, and you've got the ultimate Support Battle Force.
    Last edited by Jonth; Jun 26, 2012 at 06:15 PM.