Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Maybe someday it will be the norm again. Maybe...

Or maybe its just too hard for hipsters to write?

Cursive is really pointless.

Good thing they gave up on it. Enough people have trouble learning English in general.

I wrote a lot in cursive up until I graduated high school, mostly because it was faster for me at the time. Nowadays, I tend to write in all caps... and I hear people who do that tend to have some sort of psychological disorder or something. o_o;

I'll agree, though - cursive's really only good for writing signatures these days, if anything.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Cursive: When you're taking eight pages of notes in a class, accept no substitutes.

It's faster, easier, and just more convenient to use so many continuous strokes of the pencil.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I never did like cursive, for me it felt tedious. I've kinda blended my print with things from cursive. (Seriously, some of the letters were just kinda dumb. I could never remember a "z" for the life of me.) My handwriting is print, but has elements of cursive, even a couple cursive letters, which can confuse people.

Writing cursive for my was a nightmare, since I'm one of those left-handed people that has disgusting writing for that very reason (yes, I'm aware not all lefties write like retards, but some do). To this day, I still hate signing things, since it looks like a kindergartner just scribbled some shit on the paper.

My print writing is okay, but only because I write in all-caps most of the time. My lower-case print letters look like ass, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Writing cursive for my was a nightmare, since I'm one of those left-handed people that has disgusting writing for that very reason (yes, I'm aware not all lefties write like retards, but some do). To this day, I still hate signing things, since it looks like a kindergartner just scribbled some shit on the paper.
    You should see how I sign my checks. It's literally just a line with a few humps in it to make something that look like the letters in my name. I honestly don't think anybody cares how you sign checks anyway, because I literally drew a small picture of a truck as my signature once and they took it. Vroom, vroom!

I still write cursive though when I do write (and when it's for something that I'm allowed to.) It just flows better for me and feels nice.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    You should see how I sign my checks. It's literally just a line with a few humps in it to make something that look like the letters in my name. I honestly don't think anybody cares how you sign checks anyway, because I literally drew a small picture of a truck as my signature once and they took it. Vroom, vroom!

I still write cursive though when I do write (and when it's for something that I'm allowed to.) It just flows better for me and feels nice.
    I died laughing at u drawing a truck for your sig. Man good stuff
    @olaf i dont wright like a tard. Tho its harder for me to learn cause i have to do things backwards :/
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Never cared much for cursive either - ditched it when the opportunity first presented itself (middle-school). It was especially nasty for me as a lefty (the ink/lead smears on my hand). Heh - as the other poster mentioned, teachers also warned me about this growing up (how critical it was to master). This was circa early 80's - it was already BS back then.

Speaking of the subject, National Geographic had a small article this month about cursive. Interestingly, some are worried that hand-writing in general, may become a thing of the past (thanks to the proliferation of smart phones and tablets making their way to schools).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    I had to do something like that in college before taking a similar exam.

Another thing I found useless, albeit past grade school - algebra. Fucking fuck algebra. I always had the worst time with that shit, even in college.
    looool xD i'm the opposite of you lawl... i'm regretful for not paying more attention to algebra in h.s xD like.. all i did was get good grades by memorizing everything... but now that i need to take calc and other maths in college, i feel like i need to re learn everything D:

and am I the only one here who likes cursive? XD I had a calligraphy class back in my south american country and I loved it lmao~ maybe because of the little bit of OCD in me XD I just loved to finish up a whole page with writings of the same sentence and then look at it... and admire the perfect symmetry of each line xDDDD

and it did make it faster to write when the teacher dictated something rly fast but up till now, i'm switching between cursive and print depending on my mood D: