Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1098

Is there even anyone who limits themselves to one weapon type or 1-2 PA's?

Like, at all?

Even the worst players use more than over end and sonic arrow. They use speed rain, too.

Seems like my question opened up Pandora's Box, haha.

Anyway, thanks for the input so far. Last but definitely not least, how does something like this look?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib00000f

I was checking for stuff that seemed useful to increase damage, because I'm not too much of a defensive type player. Fury S Up seems to add actual stats instead of %, so I guess it'd be okay to skip it? A friend told me they MIGHT change in the future, though?

They're DEFINITELY being changed in the near future, as in next couple weeks or so. So yeah, most optimally designed trees right now will be subject to change.

For now, JA bonus 1 & 2 are good ways to go, and iron will is good for saving your skin if you're a glass cannon that can get 2-3 shotted. It means having 2 HP and 250 HP will give you the exact same chance of survival if a following attack will deal 300 damage. It's very nice for fi/hu high PP build, but not quite as beneficial for a hu/fi which is able to be much tankier due to the differences in weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Is there even anyone who limits themselves to one weapon type or 1-2 PA's?

Like, at all?

Even the worst players use more than over end and sonic arrow. They use speed rain, too.
    I have played with people using nothing but Sonic Arrow/Over End or nothing but Elder Rebellion, nothing but Deadly Archer or nothing but Zondeel/Zonde... I have even seen people use nothing but Over End with an offensive build/gear (I gave up reviving them).

Not mentioning casting weapons for obvious reasons, I can agree that some weapon types, such as double sabers, swords, partisans, wired lances or twin machineguns (that's actually a lot, lol) can work well without anything else, but not in every situation, and you're still gimping yourself, and even then you'd probably using 4~6 different PAs, not 1~2.

So yeah, there are such people, too many of them, or I'm unlucky in my random encounters.

There was a time when I accidentally sold all my weapons near the start (wasn't paying attention to what i was choosing to sell and pressed enter twice cuz i thought i could send a quick reply but didn't realise enter triggered the sale.......should've locked them).

Good thing they weren't rares.

Going barehanded ftw!

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Uh, well I'll use Zonde/Zondeel/Sazonde exclusively for some areas. And Foie/Rafoie/Safoie/Gifoie almost exclusively for others.

You know, cause otherwise I won't do the most damage to the enemies in that area. You know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I have played with people using nothing but Sonic Arrow/Over End or nothing but Elder Rebellion, nothing but Deadly Archer or nothing but Zondeel/Zonde... I have even seen people use nothing but Over End with an offensive build/gear (I gave up reviving them).

Not mentioning casting weapons for obvious reasons, I can agree that some weapon types, such as double sabers, swords, partisans, wired lances or twin machineguns (that's actually a lot, lol) can work well without anything else, but not in every situation, and you're still gimping yourself, and even then you'd probably using 4~6 different PAs, not 1~2.

So yeah, there are such people, too many of them, or I'm unlucky in my random encounters.
    Ah, I think that'd be the problem. I basically never roll with randoms, or care what randoms do when I'm in an EMQ. I don't really MPA much. If I'm in a game, it's with 0-3 people on my friends list or in my team (in the case of the latter they're usually also on my friends list).

Also, I think the issue is less the usefulness of the cookie cutter attacks, and the usefulness of the other attacks. While I'll say wired lances have probably the best balanced PA selection in the game, other weapons are just...really really lacking. With just six weapon palettes, and the combo nature of melee weapons, a PA needs to do like 2-3 different things to be good. For something like tornado dance it's good because it closes distance, deals nice damage, hits multiple times, and has a decent AOE for a double saber move. Compare it to rumbling moon and you can see a real discrepancy - TD offers more utility than RM. RM would have to be exceptionally better with either its AOE or its damage, since aside from that it's the same except it lacks the distance closing.

And, really, while I say repeatedly this game lacks "utility vs. damage" balancing for weapons, that's the only place it's lacking. Skill trees and PA's still have that dynamic going on. Some moves are great for their damage, but others are good for not their damage but instead the other things they do.

mind blown

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Keep in mind that the gunner is there but yes if a gunner has the right build and gear they can be boss killers.

I am currently rolling a Hu/Te FeNewman and loving it, using wired lances and with almost maxed out all the fury stance skills with the lance gear my attacks can do some monstrous damage (lvl 33/19 atm) I think my max has been around 1k "Ticks" of holding current/ other spin and a slam from Heavenly fall of around 12k I have to say Fury stance is well worth getting!