Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Weapon Element/Affix's

I cant find any real information on this so lets collab!

Weapon Elements:
    -Fire
    -Ice
    -Lightning
    -Wind
    -Light
    -Dark

Weapon Elemental Affix's:
    -Burn
    -Freeze
    -Shock
    -Mirage
    -Panic
    -Poison

-----------------------
    Weapon Elements go from 1-50 and give a corresponding % increase in damage to a monster that is weak against that Element.
    The percent increase is anywhere from 1 to whatever your corresponding Element level is for Example:
    Wired Lance - 186 Base Damage | Level 36 Fire

I have a 1-36% chance of doing more Damage to a Monster that is weak to the Fire Element on top of the Base Damage.

I dont think there is a Negative chance of doing less damage to the same Element type or is there?

------------------------
    Weapon Elemental Affix's go from Level I-V and give a Greater chance of doing said effect.
    Its currently unknown what chance you have of doing said effect on an enemy or if that enemy is weak against that element if it has a higher change of doing the said effect.
    Last edited by IAmSecretSpy; Jun 28, 2012 at 05:33 AM.

success rate is 100% but you need the "exact" same weapon to increase it

combine a no-element or a different element to the one you have is +1 combine a weapon with the same element gives you a +2

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

They have a japanese PSO2 wiki that some of us look at for some info. The translation isn't the greatest but this is some of what you're looking for.

http://translate.google.com/translat....jp%2F&act=url
    Last edited by moorebounce; Jun 28, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    They have a japanese PSO2 wiki that some of us look at for some info. The translation isn't the greatest but this is what you're looking for.

http://translate.google.com/translat....jp%2F&act=url
    I appreciate it im looking at it now but doesn't give the information needed

that is becasue they are still requesting information from players on element damage interval. example a 50 flame point weapon does more damage then a non-element weapon at volcano

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSecretSpy View Post
    I appreciate it im looking at it now but doesn't give the information needed

Your weapon element means that all your weapon hits are increased by a percent equal to your element stat against things weak to that element. This element bonus can be boosted up to 50, so the damage bonus is substantial and makes non-rare weapons quite viable with enough resources.

So if you use a Fire35 weapon against a Fire-weak Garuf, all of your weapon damage is increased by 35% as opposed to using the exact same non-elemental weapon.

(edit) ok, now that I read a little more about it, I should probably just go test things out with multiple weapons. There are comments saying that hitting a mob with a neutral-element weapon still does more damage than a non-element weapon. (hitting things in volcano with a fire-element weapon vs. a non-element). Guess that will have to wait until Friday

Apparently weak element >>>> any other element > no element weapons?

As for monster weaknesses...
    Rappies = Dark
    Darkers = Light/Fire
    Forest = Fire/Wind
    Volcano = Ice
    Desert = Thunder

You can't really go wrong with a great set of light/ice/thunder weapons as of now.
    Last edited by JeyKama; Jun 28, 2012 at 04:59 AM.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Jey i was about to say the same thing i appreciate this post, now wouldn't 'Dark' enemies have a Dark attribute? I dont think this is the case as ive never look hehe

There is no element resistance that I've noticed in PSO2(other than the weak%s on player armor), so any element you have is 100% an advantage. If it happens to be a weakness then it's an even greater advantage.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Updated OP, i wonder if its the same Element type that it does less damage? Or is just standard Base Damage?

Edit: wouldn't the corresponding weapon Affix's also have an effect on monsters that have a weakness towards that element?
    Like a higher percentage of causing said Elemental Affix's Effect?
    Last edited by IAmSecretSpy; Jun 28, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

hmm i thought the basic weapon element just add elemental damage but dont cause status effects, while the before mentioned Affix Partners are actualy status effects?