Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Been a very smooth launch on my end. I've been shuffled to overflow servers but its easy to join with friends now despite earlier difficulties(launch night didn't allow you to).

The game is just great!
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

Quote Originally Posted by condiments View Post
    Been a very smooth launch on my end. I've been shuffled to overflow servers but its easy to join with friends now despite earlier difficulties(launch night didn't allow you to).

The game is just great!
    Consider yourself lucky. I have been reading nothing but bitching from other people. I am getting my copy from a store, so I only got a day head start, which I will not take advantage of as I was a long time WoW gamer, I know what mmo game/content launches bring...hatred, anger, and animosity due to connection issues. Happens in every MMO. So I will just wait a couple days before I decide to pick up the game.

And I got Dota 2 to keep me occupied for now. No matter how much I suck at it.

The launch was decent, though I had to add a last name to my character when I woke up early to jump into the head start. Can you believe that all through the beta, nobody took my character name at all. However, only when the head start happened, somebody grabbed my character name within the first hour. Crazy. At least this does allow last names, even though I still ask people to refer to me by my character's first name.

I'm in with Tarnished Coast and with an Asuran named Mumi Kol.

Not that the launch wasn't without its hiccups. The login servers in general have had issues where players were suddenly kicked off their game with some account security error message and have to wait a little bit before they can sign on. I would guess when the flood gates opened, the *real* stress test happened. On the other hand, outside of that, the game server I was on seemed to run fairly well under the stress, so far.

I mainly had to work that day, so my reason for jumping into the game so quickly is to simply reserve my character name. I just wasn't quick enough on the draw to get Mumi alone again, but I don't mind including the last name in the name. Just a bit shocked other people left it alone until the moment the full head start launched.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 26, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Some people had some issues. The worst I got was a rare disconnect (but not logged out), and maybe one time the game froze (not sure if it is their issue or my computer's, no error message).

Gameplay has no issues as far as I can tell. Not much lag for me, acceptable framerates (my video card isn't the best).

Quote Originally Posted by RuneLateralus View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. I have been reading nothing but bitching from other people.
    The people that didn't have an issue are busy playing.

I will see you guys on Tarnished Coast....soon. My mind just can't do multiple games at the same time like I used to, and PSO2 still strongly holds my interest, but I'll be there. I plan on rolling Chelsea Tonelesca, female human Thief, and I've even got her backstory all ready to go. Game's gonna be a blast and so is RPing moreso than I do in other games.

Heh. I played the female human thief during the early beta plays. I actually had a version of my PSU Tynselle Nbareh playing that thief. I had to, because it was such a coincidence. When I created Tynselle back at the beginning of PSU, I had it in her backstory that she almost starting to become quite the thief at first, until she was caught.

That and the fact that a major weapon of the GW2 thief is the twin gunnies. Too much coincidence not to do a little re-creation of the good-natured, spunky, athletic, smart, and devious "tomboy and loving it" character I got so attached to. But alas, I didn't have the intention to do it in the full. I figured I must let some things stay in the past and move on.

I'm on Tarnished Coast as Muale the Asura Warrior. Greatsword-and-hammer combo, ahoy!~

If anyone cares to add me, use this: Zyrusticae.7245

Quoting myself here in case anyone wants it:
    So I got Ambient Occlusion working in it, but in the process found out that doing "Reflect All" or supersampling will disable it, so you may have to compromise.

The working bits are:
    0x0000001F (Demigod) (Darkest, and best IMO)
    0x0000002A (Diablo III) (A little weird, obviously intended for isometric view)
    0x00000006 (Left 4 Dead) (Rather subtle, like all the Source Engine bits)

All of the Call of Duty ones I tested work as well. They're a bit more "in the middle", so to speak.

Here's a screenshot for your perusal. Using the Demigod one. Dat HDR!~
    This is done through Nvidia Inspector, in case you don't know. And yes, it's Nvidia-exclusive. Also, I have to revise my original statement - any reflections, even "land and sky", will cause the ambient occlusion to bug out. Fortunately, the water still has an environment map for reflections even if you turn them off, so it still looks alright.

Also using the FXAA Injector to mess with the game's color and such. (This one's not Nvidia-exclusive.) Have some screenies~
    Spoiler!

Female human elementalist for me when I get back and start the game.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I'll probably be picking it up on Friday, hopefully. ;x

This thread is kind of slow.

I find it kind of strange considering the game has no sub fee and thus can be played alongside anything else. Also, it's surprisingly good (though full of bugged events... sigh).

Also, my Asura warrior is the sweetest thing ever.

Spoiler!