Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    When you guys say Role-Play server, do you mean get in character, or pve only?
    Both, in my case. PVP actually looks pretty nice in GW2 but I've always been more of a PVE person myself, even after honestly trying to get into it in Aion. I just want to be on a server that's friendly with me being in full-RP mode probably 90% of the time, but I don't think that'll be hard.

Awesome news! I've been really interested in this game and the developers philosophy and approach. I'm hoping to have my new gaming laptop by then. I really feel like this game has all the potential to be the next big thing.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

TERA is disappointing a lot of PvPers lately..so I may try my hand at bringing my guild over to GW2...but I think most of them are going to stay with TERA so I will as well :P (Unless everyone stops playing it for exclusively PSO2.)

Also Chelsea (err..should I just call you Cocona now?) I'm surprised you are big on RP as I've never seen you induce yourself into it on PSU..maybe things have changed? But either way glad you have found a way to get the best out of your gaming experience.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Also Chelsea (err..should I just call you Cocona now?) I'm surprised you are big on RP as I've never seen you induce yourself into it on PSU..maybe things have changed? But either way glad you have found a way to get the best out of your gaming experience.
    Whichever you prefer ;P

My plan is to play my D&D Rogue as a female human Thief in GW2, because the two settings she'll be in and fighting styles actually mesh together really well. So I pretty well plan to be in-character as her for the whole game, it'll be something new and she hasn't been very active in D&D for a long time so it'll be nice to "be" her again.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Whichever you prefer ;P

My plan is to play my D&D Rogue as a female human Thief in GW2, because the two settings she'll be in and fighting styles actually mesh together really well. So I pretty well plan to be in-character as her for the whole game, it'll be something new and she hasn't been very active in D&D for a long time so it'll be nice to "be" her again.
    Ahh I understand where you are coming from. Well that's awesome . And man, it has been awhile since I've played D&D...but my D&D character was a Ranger and my PSO main has always been a RAmar so it kind of works out..except for the whole not being able to use at least a low level Resta anymore.. D:
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Yeah, when I say Role-Play servers I definitely mean In-Character. The difference between an RP server and anything else has been night and day with the communities. Plus, I already have a lot of things in mind and a few friends that want to join for that sort of thing. The design of GW2 doesn't require a "PvP" server since we can't be ganked anyway. Not that we need to, half the mobs in the game will humble even the most seasoned MMO vet if they aren't paying attention.

WvWvW will fill the PvP void, and I will participate in a lot of structured 5v5s, so I'm not really worried about anything in that regard.

Also, Chels always put enough life into her characters that RPing for her won't be that hard to begin with.

Eitherway, gonna smash stuff. This game will be great. Covers my fantasy love and with this and PSO2, I won't need much else.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Funny that role play comes into mind. During the beta, I've been playing a old-fantasy version of my Tynselle Nbareh character as a thief with twin handguns. Of course, this is only for the beta. I don't plan on making her again in an MMO, and will force myself to create a new developed character for this one. The decision is not yet made as I haven't found an idea that *clicked* yet. something that is more compatible with the personalities GW2 has. Apparently, the smart and smart-mouthed attitude that Tynselle is supposed to have doesn't exist in the game.

Everybody is so serious. Why so serious? If you have a character that is either based on charm, or cunning, the game would've had wildly different dialogue if I was writing the script.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Dood, you gotta see some of the dialogue in that game. I don't think I've ever been impressed with the things said in a MMO before. I laughed so hard sometimes, some of it is just SO good. Plenty of charming things to be heard, believe me.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Apparently, the smart and smart-mouthed attitude that Tynselle is supposed to have doesn't exist in the game.

Everybody is so serious. Why so serious? If you have a character that is either based on charm, or cunning, the game would've had wildly different dialogue if I was writing the script.
    Smart? Asura. Smart-mouthed? Asura. They just weren't playable in the BWEs, but will be upon release. Their "comedy" though will likely be based on insulting other races or each others' intelligence.

They do admittedly look different- Waist high, long rabbit-eared, sharp teeth. According to their known personalities, they are more caster than physical damage, preferring to let other races or their GOLEM creations face the danger up close. They built the large gate system that allows instant travel between areas (the ones accessed in Lion's Arch, not the waypoints everywhere).

Just a reminder that the last Beta Weekend Event, before release, is this coming weekend. For those with access (eg. Pre-purchasers), don't miss it.